MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Jburt
On the road to being a farker

Default Thanks to the Plowboys

Just wanted to take the time and thank the Plowboys publicly for taking some time out of their day cooking for a customer at the World Pork Expo to talk with a fan and share some rub and advice (and a pic). You guys are great, and so is your product (both in the stores and Q on the table) and well earned reputation.

I'll be recommending you to all the people I know that sponsor teams to cook at this event and continue to support you on the shelves when I'm cooking at home.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Yeah their stuff kind of grows on you.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Jesse, thanks for taking the time to come find us. You need to tell the story of how you found out we were at the WPX. It was pretty funny. Have a safe trip home.

Post that pic. I wanna see it.

Did you snag some rub and sauce at our client's tent? I heard they ran out today.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT

Good rub brother. I got some from Darry Smith at his BGE shop a few weeks back. Good stuff maynard!
JiveTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

[QUOTE=Plowboy;1307005]Jesse, thanks for taking the time to come find us. You need to tell the story of how you found out we were at the WPX. It was pretty funny. Have a safe trip home.

Did you snag some rub and sauce at our client's tent? I heard they ran out today.[/QUOTE]

Has it gotten to the point where you have to give it away for distribution?

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Jburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Jesse, thanks for taking the time to come find us. You need to tell the story of how you found out we were at the WPX. It was pretty funny. Have a safe trip home.

Did you snag some rub and sauce at our client's tent? I heard they ran out today.
So here's the short long story:
The company I work for is a large distributor in the production food animal industry and we always take a big contingent to the World Pork Expo. At said expo we always cook for customers etc. and TexasAggie97 and myself have been working our way from supervised rib and loin rubbers (go ahead and joke) to certified pit masters in just 2 years. This time frame also corresponds with our time on the brethren site (thanks all). In fact, the 2 of us were curious how many brethren would be there and joked that the Plowboy's would blow our stuff out of the water. After we put the first round of loins and ribs (we did 60 loins and 360 racks of ribs this week) on the smokers and the temps stabilized I hopped in the golf cart to take a look around the Expo. I pass a girl on another cart when I'm lost headed back to the tent to check temps and see she has a "Plowboys BBQ" t-shirt on and I 180 the cart. I ask if the shirt says what I think and she points me to the middle of the back parking lot and says, "Yeah, they're cooking right there."

After weaving my way through the lot I found the 2 trailers and the sweet blue. I geeked out a bit in the presence of my idols and asked for a pic and chit chatted about the show and the fact I need a Cookshack.

To answer your questions, you know I went to the BIVI booth, I sent everyone from our tent there, including some vendors that were at our sales meeting last year when we wowed the judges. I'm surprised they made it a full day before running out. To be honest, instead of eating at the skeet shoot we sponsored, I ate at the BIVI tent. I loved the grub, and the pig cookies were a great touch for dessert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0928.jpg (33.1 KB, 171 views)

Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Thats an awesome story and sounds like a great time
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

Hob nobbing with the celebrities, huh? (Jealous mod)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
Plowboy

Note to self, always wear black and stand against a black trailer when getting your picture taken... it is slimming.

Nice pic.

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler

Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ View Post

Has it gotten to the point where you have to give it away for distribution?
On the contrary, smartass. Our client pays for each bottle of sauce and rub. Then they hand them out to folks that visit their tent. To be honest, there are people who come back every year to the tent to get their annual sauce and rub to take home. It literally brings people to the tent.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
peppasawce
is one Smokin' Farker

on the contrary!! LOL Wow

Old 06-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppasawce View Post
on the contrary!! LOL Wow
It should be known that Butcher BBQ and I are good friends, thus I can call him a smartass and get away with it. It happens quite often.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburt View Post
So here's the short long story:
The company I work for is a large distributor in the production food animal industry and we always take a big contingent to the World Pork Expo. At said expo we always cook for customers etc. and TexasAggie97 and myself have been working our way from supervised rib and loin rubbers (go ahead and joke) to certified pit masters in just 2 years. This time frame also corresponds with our time on the brethren site (thanks all).
Any chance either of you guys were wearing a maroon aTm apron last year? After spending the better part of a week with the Plowboy I had to stop and say hello.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
Jburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Any chance either of you guys were wearing a maroon aTm apron last year? After spending the better part of a week with the Plowboy I had to stop and say hello.
Well, 4 of the folks cooking last year are Aggies - there's a very good chance you spoke to one of them (I wasn't cooking last year, I was having a baby). Next year we'll be at the same place, Tent 1, IVESCO, and we're the ones that cook breakfast every morning. We may even (with the CEO's permission) put up a Brethren banner. In fact, this year we converted one of our new salesmen from a gasser over to coal and wood. We've already put him on KC's roadmap.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #15
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburt View Post
Well, 4 of the folks cooking last year are Aggies - there's a very good chance you spoke to one of them (I wasn't cooking last year, I was having a baby). Next year we'll be at the same place, Tent 1, IVESCO, and we're the ones that cook breakfast every morning. We may even (with the CEO's permission) put up a Brethren banner. In fact, this year we converted one of our new salesmen from a gasser over to coal and wood. We've already put him on KC's roadmap.

I know exactly the group you are talking about.