MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Default The Ultimate SECRETS of Aaron Franklin Brisket Revealed!!

Are you sad and tired of your shoe leather briskets and watched some Travel Channel episode featuring some New York City guy orgasmically gushing at Franklin's Brisket?

Are you willing to shell out your time & money to go to something like Jack's Old South at a cost of $750 + 2 days stay at Cordele @ $160 + transportation of $150 for a whooping total cost of $1060?

Well here's your chance to learn to cook JUST LIKE AARON!!! No DVDs, No Travel needed, hell you don't even need toss me the shameless ad man any money. Hell it's gonna cost LESS than a trip to JOS and you'll cook BETTER

With the COOK LIKE AARON PROGRAM.

Step#1 Pick a grill. Don't matter what it is Lang, Backwoods, UDS, OTG, Hole-in-ground.

Step#2 Block off the next 3 months of Saturdays.

Step#3 Pick a cooking method that's listed in the forum by people who do BBQ brisket all the time. Don't farking matter which one: Hot-N-Fast, Low-N-Slow, Wrap in foil, butcher paper, clingwrap, no wrap. Whatever just pick ONE. That's right ONE. Don't mix other methods, don't add your secret spice just pick ONE.

Step#4 your rub is salt & pepper. Call it a day why make this so complicated?

Step#5 Cook a packer EVERY SINGLE week for the next 17 Saturdays. @ $6/lb 10 lbs this will cost you slightly over $1,000 in brisket.

Step#6 Enter the gates of Holy Brisket Sainthood. Be warned. You become completely indifferent to stokers, temperatures, thermometers, debates on wrapping. You've learned by cooking over a hundred lbs of brisket, you manly man you.

And this is a FOOL-PROOF method. Can't fail. If you can cook a brisket every single week, probing it, testing for hold times, etc. I can't see how you won't have heavenly brisket. If you had Aaron hold your hand tenderly for an entire cook you'd still suck. My brisket is pretty crappy for one reason and one alone. I don't cook it a lot cuz my thing is whole hog.

Hell by the 3rd time you'll find it seamless. By attempt #5 it's child's play.

Act Now! This offer might not last!

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

I half expect Aaron Franklin to post on this forum soon that he is sick of hearing about Aaron Franklin.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Fatback Joe
Babbling Farker

I'll take hearing about Aaron every day over cupcake chicken like last year.

WSM
Medium Spicewine
Stumps GF223
Humphrey's GF Tank II
24 x 60 Shirley Fabrication
Fatback Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
chrisnjenn
Banned

ooooooooook.
chrisnjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dat View Post
I half expect Aaron Franklin to post on this forum soon that he is sick of hearing about Aaron Franklin.
Don't worry. One Bourdain goes and do a show in Kentucky we'll all be talking about mutton & Bungaboo

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Bourbon Barrel BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuyawk View Post
Don't worry. One Bourdain goes and do a show in Kentucky we'll all be talking about mutton & Bungaboo
Burgoo?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon Barrel BBQ View Post
Burgoo?
Opps. Yeah my kid has a show called Bungaboo. It was on the mind.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
cirk
is Blowin Smoke!

First time I cooked brisket I nailed it and ever since, well I overcooked a small one.

I saved lots of cash!!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great sales pitch but i will tell you right now, 17 briskets will make NO ONE a brisket master.

I cook about 84 briskets EVERY WEEK for the last 3 years and am still honing my technique. :)

Otherwise i pretty much agree with you, theres no secret. Practice makes perfect.
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Great sales pitch but i will tell you right now, 17 briskets will make NO ONE a brisket master.

I cook about 84 briskets EVERY WEEK for the last 3 years and am still honing my technique. :)

Otherwise i pretty much agree with you, theres no secret. Practice makes perfect.
Yeah it's just more of a rant on everyone trying to copy Aaron as if there was just something he was doing vs the accumulated knowledge of screwing up so many.

With the volume you cook, it's unlikely most people will ever hit your level unless they cook as much themselves. If I video taped you cooking brisket, it wouldn't really help me one bit. I might pick up a trick or two but I can't "see" your feel. I'm sure you could just look at a brisket at this point and tell if its done.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Arrow

So thats a good read... Im right on point so to speak ...at alot slower pace ..Been doing a packer every 3 weeks since I joined ... But ... I still screw around with diff things but they have gotten alot better since Briskit 5 ! Lmao
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

There are lots of people down here in central Texas who have been cooking brisket for a long time who still don't know how to do it very well. The proof is at youtube with all the "real Texas brisket" vids. Lots of clowns and jokers who oversmoke the heck out of their BBQ with clouds of nasty smoke for 18-24 hours at 190 degrees. The end result looks like something you'd find in the ruins of a burnt down building. Sooty, oily, nasty looking stuff.

They are the same ones who won't listen to any advice. It's their way or the highway.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
centexsmoker
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
There are lots of people down here in central Texas who have been cooking brisket for a long time who still don't know how to do it very well. The proof is at youtube with all the "real Texas brisket" vids. Lots of clowns and jokers who oversmoke the heck out of their BBQ with clouds of nasty smoke for 18-24 hours at 190 degrees. The end result looks like something you'd find in the ruins of a burnt down building. Sooty, oily, nasty looking stuff.

They are the same ones who won't listen to any advice. It's their way or the highway.
Way more bad than good down here for sure. But the good.............
centexsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post

Don't disagree at all. There's plenty of people in NC who bake their shoulders in gassers for decades and tell me it makes no difference.

I went to school in West Texas and I miss the mexican food more than the BBQ.

But for those of us who aren't completely delusional, cooking a mess load of brisket over a period of time with a conscious effort to learn is simply the most efficient way. In fact I would argue that after the mess of raw "just do it" cooks, one benefits even FURTHER from instruction. Because you now have that base of dealing with the product.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

My theory is they'd all be better off learning fire control before wasting a bunch of money on not so cheap anymore brisket.

Youtube is full of awful looking smoke billowing out of the pit from all cracks and crevices. They think the more smoke the better. Fail!

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote