• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I got prime flatirons any ideas????

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Should I just S&P grill medium rare? Or does someone on this wonderful site have something I must try???

I usually add a few more spices like onion and garlic. Flat Iron's don't have a ton of flavor on their own.

Can't get Santa Maria rubs local any recipes for homemade?

Try steak au poivre and thank me later. :thumb:

SteakAuPoivre_1_2_630.jpg

John

A red wine/balsamic/Worchestershire marinade is always good with flatiron.

I would just do the steak medium rare with S&P. Flat iron steak takes a sauce well. I like a mushroom-peppercorn sauce. I can also second the steak au poivre, if you want to take the mushroom-peppercorn sauce upscale.

Mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus on the side. Better than filet mignon, IMO, and less $$$$.

CD

I have not cooked Steak Au Poivre in years. And never thought of pairing it with flatiron thanks guys!!!

Here is an EZ one

Santa Maria Rub (enough for a 4 pound roast)
  • 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
  • 1 Tbsp finely ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 Tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dry rosemary (or fresh, finely minced)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry sage

My dad marinated some in Jack Daniels BBq sauce for a day and they were farking great:thumb: Good luck brotha I'm sure they'll be good anyway you make them, just don't add pineapple or apple juice to beef please, for your taste buds sake:pray:

Should I just S&P grill medium rare? Or does someone on this wonderful site have something I must try???

Cook em neked as hot as you can 2 min a side sprinkle of sea salt off the fire and top with a pat of Roasted garlic & rosemary compound butter.

I love marinading mine for 24-48 hours in Landry's Steakhouse Marinade then grilling to a medium rare, slicing and throwing in a tortilla with sauteed onions and jalapenos. Add a little lettuce and cheese with rice on the side and boom you've got a nice little dinner

+1 on the Wooster balsamic marinade. I like equal parts Wooster, balsamic and Olive Oil with some montreal steak tossed in. Then grill over direct heat and slice across the grain. Flat-irons are one of my favorite cuts, really versatile.

DSC00982a.jpg

Sometimes the cases are marked "choice or better" and if I get flat irons with marbeling like this, I don't get too western on the seasonings.

Got mine from my friend/butcher and he let me buy 3 pounds he kept the rest for him self.

Back