MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default KCBS Time line for posting meeting recordings

KCBS has some strict time lines for members to address the board. Is there a strict time line for them to get the recorded meeting posted ? If so what is it ?
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
KCBS has some strict time lines for members to address the board. Is there a strict time line for them to get the recorded meeting posted ? If so what is it ?
Just however long it takes them to edit out the parts they don't want you to hear.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

You will see that quick notes are up. The recording was sent for posting but it's my understanding that there was an "operator error" and the executive sessions were recorded. That is being edited out and the podcast will be available as soon as it's done.

I'm not aware of a formal timeline. Be careful what you ask for as there needs to be time for the secretary to listen to it again to verify the quick notes. Then the quick notes must be sent to the President and Executive Director for approval. Then it's sent to MMA for posting. Ask for a fixed timeline and you may see a 2 week delay. Today we have a secretary that's committed to getting out minutes as soon as possible and often works into the wee hours of the morning after the meeting to get it completed.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
You will see that quick notes are up. The recording was sent for posting but it's my understanding that there was an "operator error" and the executive sessions were recorded. That is being edited out and the podcast will be available as soon as it's done.

I'm not aware of a formal timeline. Be careful what you ask for as there needs to be time for the secretary to listen to it again to verify the quick notes. Then the quick notes must be sent to the President and Executive Director for approval. Then it's sent to MMA for posting. Ask for a fixed timeline and you may see a 2 week delay. Today we have a secretary that's committed to getting out minutes as soon as possible and often works into the wee hours of the morning after the meeting to get it completed.
What is the source of your information?

www.TheSlabs.com
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What is the source of your information?
If you're asking about the problem with this months podcast I was talking with Merl about why he was taking so long and he told me. No secret there. It was almost an afterthought to a long conversation on how I handled issues with Carol and the living will (details private) and his plan to toast Carol at 5 EDT on the 22nd.

Other info is from BOD members and ex members and from reading a lot of KCBS material and minutes for the last 3+ years plus the by-laws. So far as I'm aware there's no legal requirement for quick notes or for podcasts but it sure is nice somebody on the BOD kept pushing for more open meetings and documentation.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

I was curious as to when this recording would be available too, since it appears these MP3s are only available for one month before they are removed and I didn't want to miss it.

Thanks for the info, Ford.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

Any update on the may podcast!! Seems like it has been long enough.
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
Any update on the may podcast!! Seems like it has been long enough.
It is out there, I listened the other night unless they took it down again
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
It is out there, I listened the other night unless they took it down again
I see it now! Thanks Linda.
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is there any way of finding previous copies of the BOD meeting Pod-Casts?
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote