Hickory & Maple Smoked Ribs on the UDS

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had a craving for some BB ribs, so I went to the store and picked up a few racks, then rubbed them down with Moose Rib Rub #1. I loaded the UDS up with charcoal and some nice chunks of hickory and maple and smoked them for about 2 1/2 hours at 275 degrees.

IMG_0156.jpg

Towards the end of the cook, I brushed on some Gates. Here they are resting quietly:

IMG_0159.jpg

And here are some plated with some homemade Asian slaw and fries:

RibsPlated1a-1.jpg

I see 3 racks on the platter and only 5 ribs on the plate how do you do it.I would not be able to stop at 5, I eat a rack.

I see 3 racks on the platter and only 5 ribs on the plate how do you do it.I would not be able to stop at 5, I eat a rack.

That plate was for one of the ladies...

I haven't tried 2 1/2 hours at 275 on my UDS. Are they good and tender? I usually go 4 hours at 225-250.

I haven't tried 2 1/2 hours at 275 on my UDS. Are they good and tender? I usually go 4 hours at 225-250.

Yes, they were no different than ribs cooked at 225 for 4 hours...very tender. pre FOB.

Is that homemade slaw. What do you use for a recipe? all of it looks yummy, but ya need a few more ribs on there please!

Ribs, slaw, and fries! Very nice plate! Everyone should eat one of those a week!!

I sit here and no one is coming to take my order??????? I WANT SOME OF THOSE RIBS, THOSE LOOK SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! Fries and slaw, perfect sides.

Back