CI Disc on the Performer

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We did some tacos on the CI disc and it went a little something like this...

Got it nice and hot and added chopped meat for my tacos. Seasoned with salt and pepper. With a little onion and garlic powder.

Cooked some chorizo..

My helper Maribel heated the tortillas with some chorizo grease for added flavor...

We saw the replay of HBO fights and got to see Chad Dawson get KO.

Tacos plated and they were good.

Kids love the tacos dad makes...

Why do you say Kids???

We made 2 kids my son is 6 and my daughter 5.

Been together since 1995 and married in 1998 :-D

Sorry if that sounded odd. Was trying to say that the kids aren't the only ones who like your tacos - I like them too!

Looks good all the way around! That's one big piece of CI. How much does it weigh?

(That's a Platinum, BTW, not a Performer. I have one just like it and thought it was a Performer until someone pointed out the difference. :wink: )

Man, those look great. You did it now-I'm gonna have to go home and make some deer meat-and-chorizo tacos tonight after seeing those. Is that tomatillo salsa? And where did you get that CI disc setup? I'd love to have one of those to cook over the fire with when I'm camping.

Great looking tacos & family Tony. I'm going to have to try me some more Modelo one of these days. Last time I had one was around 30 years ago in Hussong’s Cantina in Ensenada.

Badass Plancha De Disco De Arado, seriously want! Tacos look perfect. Please let us know where you got the plancha, I look at Mexican cooking equipment at the local swapmeets and have not seen such a beautiful piece for sale in SoCal.

Looks good all the way around! That's one big piece of CI. How much does it weigh?

(That's a Platinum, BTW, not a Performer. I have one just like it and thought it was a Performer until someone pointed out the difference. :wink: )

It weighs about 30 pounds or so...
What's the difference between the performer and platinum?

Man, those look great. You did it now-I'm gonna have to go home and make some deer meat-and-chorizo tacos tonight after seeing those. Is that tomatillo salsa? And where did you get that CI disc setup? I'd love to have one of those to cook over the fire with when I'm camping.

My mother in got it for me from Mexico.
Tomatillo salsa with plenty of Serrano chiles...

What's the difference between the performer and platinum?
The Platinum has a round tube frame that supports a platform to the side. (This is the older Platinum. The newer one - discontinued this year - had tables on either side.)
The older performer with stainless table top has square tube frame and a bin for charcoal storage. Most also have propane for lighting the charcoal. The newer Performer (*) has the same table as your Platinum with a storage bin that tilts out.

As of this year, Weber has reworked the Performer lineup and there is now a Platinum Performer...

I don't have a good picture of my Platinum, but here is an older SS Performer

5N55K65J33Fd3Lb3Nec447ec6f9410c4a150d.jpg

and this is the model that replaced it.

3n43G53F25Eb5Fc5Had2q83050247dc7d115b.jpg

Back