MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
BBQDAD
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Fire start-up, TS250 versus Lang84

Hello all! I just picked a used MC Ts250,I have Lang 60 and Lang 84. I generally use 100% sticks, not usually lump unless I need to take a break for a long while.

QUESTION: It took me a lot longer yesterday to get her to 300 degrees compared to my Lang 84, which does not have insulated firebox. Is operation the same to start up a MC Ts250 versus Lang84?

My lang start-up is Firebox door stightly ajar and one of the cooker doors propped open an inch or so to get things drafting, hit 300, brush & steam clean, close things up, adjust vents for 230. I DID NOTICE the sweet spot on the TS250 was gauges at 200, (grates at 250 to 275) compared to the langs 230 degrees gauges and +/- 10 grates. Any and all comments are welcome.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
BBQDAD
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Hey guys, after a few days, I am realizing that probably not too many out there that own both a Lang 84 and a TC250 Meadowcreek, so my questions are probably lame.

HOW DO DELETE THIS THREAD?