MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #16
The Wookiee
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : %#$*

I’ve got the pro. I love to tinker. The pellet attachment sucks. Gas and charcoal/wood are both great. Way more low end temp control with charcoal alone = slower pies, salmon, veg, sausages, etc... like 350/400 degrees if you want. on my pro the gas only runs well 3/4 throttle or higher = > 800 degr on the deck

Taller pro also allows room for pizza steel = better than stone for doings lots or pies back to back (way better crust consistency / heat retention pie to pie)

You do get a touch of the wood flavor but not as much for the super high temp fast pies as mentioned.

If you are a tinker and like more versatility pro over koda. Either way 16 is way more better and flexible.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #17
boogiechillen
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Charles

Been enjoying my koda 16. No other oven to compare to.

I am glad I got the bigger one as moving the pizza further from the flame has come in handy sometimes.
Weber Genesis
Weber Jumbo Joe
Homemade UDS
boogiechillen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2021, 10:26 PM   #18
DBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Been wanting the Koda 16. Always seems to be a long wait.
DBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2021, 10:34 PM   #19
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

I've had the Ooni Koda 12" gasser for almost a year now.
I have no problem getting the pizza in and out of the oven. Just the two of us so we do 2-3 pizzas at a time.
Sucker gets hot, you need to slide the peel under it and rotate your pizza often to avoid burning it at the flame end.
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #20
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

I have a Uuni 3 and it does a good job. I have the gas attachment but have only used the pellets.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:11 AM   #21
JD08
is one Smokin' Farker

I had an Uuni 2S for a while. It was a pain it the ass to get the right temp and keep it there. I sold it and I'll wait for a redesigned Blackstone to come out or I'll just build one eventually.
JD08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2021, 09:33 PM   #22
DBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Ordered a koda 16" last night thanks to this thread. Look forward to trying it out.
DBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2021, 10:05 PM   #23
Lomey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I got the Koda 12" for my wife before the 16 was released. We are perfectly happy with the smaller size. No problem turning pies at all. We usually do 3 or 4 at a time to have different kinds of pizza. It also can do more than pizza when using cast iron.

I would get the gas for sure. I've seen people struggle with the wood and pellets. I also read on a couple pizza forums while researching that "wood fired" isn't really a thing, that it is really "stone fired". They cook up so fast that the wood doesn't really add much flavor. Either way, it's some of the best pizza ever and recommend one to anyone that wants to do pizzas at home. The learning curve was very easy imo.
Lomey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2021, 10:52 PM   #24
NavarreQ

I’ve got the ooni pro and now love it, theirs a learning curve but 6 months later, I still have no hair on my knuckles! Brazilian wax jobs can’t guarantee that kinda of smoothness
NavarreQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-03-2021, 08:09 AM   #25
CKYnick

Gots me the 16 and used it the first time this past friday. I like it, I love how compact it is (going from the blackstone). It is a little touchy with the temp since the dome is so shallow. I usually to the typical high flame to heat up the stone and then back it down upon launching the pizza.

Also, ooni's website has the delivery date pretty far out....Dicks (online) had them in stock and I had it two-three days later.
CKYnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #26
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Settled on the Pro model. Actually the wife pushed me towards it as I was considering the Kari due to price difference. Looks like it’s still 6-8 week wait.
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-17-2021, 05:50 PM   #27
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

As a side note any must have accessories, etc before I put the order in?

Old 03-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #28
Peteg
Full Fledged Farker

I’ve got the koda 16 and I love it. I installed a rotator for it which makes it even more enjoyable to use. Now that the 16 is out I wouldn’t get the smaller one.

Ironside Smokers
BBQ team
Insulated vertical smoker
34" x 72" Custom Build "Slag"
Peteg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2021, 02:29 PM   #29
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Well the dead is done. Now the long 6-8 week wait.