Introducing The Most Affordable Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker on the Market

Dang there are none within the tristate area(~250 miles) of my location :( TX is where its at.

That what it appears like. Mostly if not all ended up in/around Texas. Nothing within 250 miles of me either and no time for a Texas sized road trip at this moment in time.

I'm sure somewhere in this gargantuan thread, that the dimensions of the cooking grates are posted. Can someone save me the time of digging back through this thread ?

I'm sure somewhere in this gargantuan thread, that the dimensions of the cooking grates are posted. Can someone save me the time of digging back through this thread ?

Top two 23”x16”. The bottom 20”x16”. Those measurements along with overall cooler measurements on page 2.

And just like that it’s back off the website again. Academy seems very odd in the way they handle some things.

Either that or so many people have been waiting for them they ran out to buy them?

And just like that it’s back off the website again. Academy seems very odd in the way they handle some things.

Academies website Sucks. Stuff comes and goes instead of just showing out of stock and the online stock is different from the stores.

Academies website Sucks. Stuff comes and goes instead of just showing out of stock and the online stock is different from the stores.

It’s funny because they even have a button that hides out of stock items but yet they just take them off the page instead.

If ya were gonna put an ATC on this smoker, how would you rig your ambient temp probe ? In the reviews of the pit that I've seen on YT at Mad Scientist and Trendkill, I don't see any probe ports ?

And from what I've seen of these quality gravity feeds, sealing the cook chamber is important, they all have quality gaskets, so running probe wires out the cook chamber door seems to be counter productive ?

If ya were gonna put an ATC on this smoker, how would you rig your ambient temp probe ? In the reviews of the pit that I've seen on YT at Mad Scientist and Trendkill, I don't see any probe ports ?

And from what I've seen of these quality gravity feeds, sealing the cook chamber is important, they all have quality gaskets, so running probe wires out the cook chamber door seems to be counter productive ?

So far I’ve only seen people run the wires between the gaskets. If I can get my hands on one in the future I plan to look into adding a port or may just run the wires through the exhaust if the wires are long enough.

Either these are selling very good or they are in the process of shifting around inventory. Back on the webpage but a large portion of the Texas stores that showed inventory before now show none. I just typed in Texas and only two stores that came up in the 250 mile radius showed inventory, Greenville and Burleson.

Its finally showed up on the site of my local Academy, but its out of stock. This is actually an improvement because it hasn't been part of their inventory till now.

I drop mine thru exhaust on top. On the 1st Larger GF I drilled a hole thru her back and slopwelded in a pipe nipple. I run a Pitmaster IQ120 and hang it from a magnetic tool box shelf.

https://www.harborfreight.com/magnetic-tray-with-screwdriver-holder-black-64644.html

Smitty- question about cooking brisket on this pit. My butcher usually gets me these giant brisket packers and I have to squeeze them somewhat to fit them on my Weber 22”. They cook fine, but I was hoping to find something with grates closer to 26” or 28”, so that I could any sized brisket with room to spare.

Have you found the racks on this gravity cooker to be plenty big enough to cook the largest briskets, or do you sometimes still have to squeeze them in slightly to get them to fit?

Smitty- question about cooking brisket on this pit. My butcher usually gets me these giant brisket packers and I have to squeeze them somewhat to fit them on my Weber 22”. They cook fine, but I was hoping to find something with grates closer to 26” or 28”, so that I could any sized brisket with room to spare.

Have you found the racks on this gravity cooker to be plenty big enough to cook the largest briskets, or do you sometimes still have to squeeze them in slightly to get them to fit?

20lb about the limit laying flat but you can hump back the middle upwards to fit bigger ones.

Still patiently waiting for some to show up closer than 8+ hours away. Appears Texas got another round of them.

Back