• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Maverick Therm E-732 Help

boltsfan

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
What is the best place to insert probes thru the WSM? Seems if I ran under the lid it would crush the probe wires. If ran thru the access door then smoke might escape?

Also, what is the best place to hang the transmitter without fear of melting it? If I hang off the middle section then the bottom of transmitter touches the smoker. I assume hanging off the access door handle is the best option?

Any pics would help :thumb

Thanks!

What is the best place to insert probes thru the WSM? Seems if I ran under the lid it would crush the probe wires. If ran thru the access door then smoke might escape?

Also, what is the best place to hang the transmitter without fear of melting it? If I hang off the middle section then the bottom of transmitter touches the smoker. I assume hanging off the access door handle is the best option?

Any pics would help :thumb

Thanks!

A grommet is your best method of entry into the cooker.

I actually set mine on a small prep table next to the cooker.

Run it through the exhaust vents. I do it on my mini and my kettle, shoudl be no different on the wsm.

As far as hanging the transmitter, I do not know how hot a WSM gets but I made a hanger for my UDS out of a small 2x4.
I just drilled 2 holes and made a hanger loop out of some welding wire that hooks onto the rim of my barrel and then I hook the transmitter onto that.

I will take a picture later but you might get the idea from this post of my stuffed loin cook last night.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151397

Here is what I did. I kinda did this as a temporary solution but it works good so I haven't improved on it yet. The MIG welding wire works good because it is thin and retains it's shape. I just hang the transmitter over the wire before I hang the 2x4 onto the lip of the barrel. I have an adapter ring inside the top of my barrel for the Weber lid, so there is a small crevasse to hang the wire loop into.

2013-01-13_11-45-19_675.jpg

Not sure how a WSM is set up but this works for me.

2013-01-13_11-44-59_382.jpg

I set a small stepladder next to the WSM and put a small spring clamp on the paint tray. The IQUE controller hangs off of the clamp away from the hot metal sides, but close enough to let the hose have a little slack in it. Probes run through a grommet just beneath the top grate.

I put the grommet just below the top grate line so I can run the probes up or down. I can run 4 probes through a single large grommet from cajun bandit.

I aslo ordered the 6' probes after getting tired of pulling the base unit off any table i put near the smoker.

DSC_1614-PP.JPG

DSC_1617-PP.JPG

Ordinary gromets. I put two on my mini-WSM before I figured out that both probes fit through one hole. :doh:

Back