Great brisket?

in the past i couldn't cook a flat only to save my life. as my skills grow through cooking more, i can agree with the above.

you can cook just a flat successfully.

I cook whole packers, but I don't cook them whole. I separate the two before cooking. I do this because it lets me control the doneness of the two pieces of meat individually. As long as you are careful the flat alone will be just as good. This also makes making "Burnt Ends" much easier.

I cook whole packers, but I don't cook them whole. I separate the two before cooking. I do this because it lets me control the doneness of the two pieces of meat individually. As long as you are careful the flat alone will be just as good. This also makes making "Burnt Ends" much easier.

How difficult is it separating the flat from the point pre-cooking? Do you then put them both in at the same time? Can you explain how this is done? Thanks.

dont need the whole packer. several dominate teams out there separate precook

Bingo! I've been splitting my packers for 15 years. Just make sure that you have about 1/4 of fat on the top of the flat.

How difficult is it separating the flat from the point pre-cooking? Do you then put them both in at the same time? Can you explain how this is done? Thanks.
Not hard, just takes some practice.

Back