• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cuban Sandwiches with Smoked Pork

iStrikeBack

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I always suck at taking pictures, I forget about taking them until everything is gone!

I did remember to snap one quick pic from Fathers day. I "braised" some pork in the smoker with lime juice, orange juice, garlic, onions, vinegar, etc.

Homemade garlic aioli, homemade dill pickles, swiss cheese, pulled pork and ham.

It came out ok, I was alittle disappointed in the flavor of the pulled pork it didn't have quite as many "tropical" flavors as I wanted. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 313
You just cannot beat a well made Cubano.
Truer words were never spoken.
It's worth a trip to Tampa or Miami to enjoy one. One for each meal.

I need to find a source of cuban bread near me and put this into the rotation

Here You Go - they ship bread cheap, you should buy a bunch and freeze

http://lasegundabakery.com/

La Segunda Central Bakery
2512 N.15 St.
Tampa FL 33605
813-248-1531

Looks good to me. I did some pork tenderloins with a mojo marinade a couple weeks ago and the leftovers turned into cuban sandwiches. The local cuban sandwich joint dresses their sandwiches with mojo to punch up the citrus/garlic a bit.

I realize you said you were a bit disappointed with the "tropical" flavor of the pork. My understanding of this sandwich is that a whole pig gets stuffed with tropical fruits/veges and wrapped in banana leaves and slow roasted in a hole under hot coals. To me it would seem that the tropical flavors come from the fruits/veg its stuffed with. Most likely the juices from said fruit/veg gets mixed into the meat after its cooked.

I always suck at taking pictures, I forget about taking them until everything is gone!

I did remember to snap one quick pic from Fathers day. I "braised" some pork in the smoker with lime juice, orange juice, garlic, onions, vinegar, etc.

Homemade garlic aioli, homemade dill pickles, swiss cheese, pulled pork and ham.

It came out ok, I was alittle disappointed in the flavor of the pulled pork it didn't have quite as many "tropical" flavors as I wanted. Thanks for looking!

Looks perfect!

That sandwich looks tasty, I had to Google it.
Would this be close?
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ch-recipe.html

No Titch, there is NO Genoa Salami in a Cuban.
And David Rosengarten's Report of 8/30/'04 is where I get my info,
plus I have been to Miami,the keys, and Tampa, and love the Cubano.
In the keys, the 18 yr old waitress, in a tiny tube top, slender and tender,
with a tiny hair trail from the belly button down to the promised land past the belt buckle -
THAT Cuban sandwich was the best!

Back