LSG Mini Insulated Cabinet on order question..

Lobsterbake

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello,

My LSG Mini is about a month out and I have a couple of questions:

I originally had the tie downs on the order but took them off as I am getting the stainless shelf and don't like how they are right above the shelf and the look of them in general. I don't have any plans to take my cabinet anywhere and plan to only use at home, but you never know how things can change. Am I going to regret not getting the tie downs and is there a way to secure the cabinet if I do need to move it?

Second question - I am getting one stainless handle which will be on the right side - anyone got one on both the left and right side and wondering if I should get a handle on both sides for versatility.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

My LSG Mini is about a month out and I have a couple of questions:

Congratulations! Those look like a good choice and should be a lot of fun to use while providing a lot of enjoyment to friends and family.

I originally had the tie downs on the order but took them off as I am getting the stainless shelf and don't like how they are right above the shelf and the look of them in general. I don't have any plans to take my cabinet anywhere and plan to only use at home, but you never know how things can change. Am I going to regret not getting the tie downs and is there a way to secure the cabinet if I do need to move it?

Securing things like this without tie downs can be problematic. You can strap over the top and against the wheels but, it can still tip over on a bad turn or minor fender bender. If you have a high tie off point, this is negated. You are then left with worrying about the paint scuffs from straps and whether the ratchets will hold during your trip.

Just last night I watched a refrigerator on a trailer with the doors swinging open and closed rolling down the road. With traffic and no passing zones, I followed him for ~2 miles before I could get his attention. :doh:

Second question - I am getting one stainless handle which will be on the right side - anyone got one on both the left and right side and wondering if I should get a handle on both sides for versatility.

It would make moving it with two people a whole lot easier. :wink:

On and unrelated note, why the LSG vertical over a Backwoods, Humphery or, ...?

TIA,
Sid

I have the tie downs on my full size LSG Cabinet and they're not in the way of anything. I'm glad I got them IF I ever need them other than when I brought it home. Putting four good straps on that beast is nice. I only have the one handle on the right, but in reality two would be good too I guess.

I've been eyeing the LSG IVC for a long time. I figure if you're in for 2 Large , a 50 dollar handle and 75 dollar tie downs are trivial, especially if they protect the overall investment!

Def. get the tie downs.. And extra rail if you want. No sense in not getting everything you want / need. I think of things from a "resale" standpoint also. Less options will make it harder to sell if you ever want.

Only thing I will say you prob. don't need (many feel this way) is the T plates. They don't really work that well.

I never really notice the tie down rings, but handy they are, when my pups decide to play with the ducks...I just cable 'em to the cooker, lots of uses and a must have here.

-D

Back