• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Pizza Chronicles. Stick Burner Pies

Great idear Jed. Can't wait to see how it comes out :thumb:

Looks like a great idea. It's always fun trying out new things. Look forward to seeing the finished pies.

MooseLikes_zps5f21f484.jpg

What do you Think Moose? Yea or Nee

Looks like a great idea. It's always fun trying out new things. Look forward to seeing the finished pies.

Me too!

ive never heard of granite for a pizza stone. Prep surface, yes, cooking surface no.. curious to hear results... Another alternative may have been a green egg pizza stone just sitting on the rack. Ive done it like that in my spicewine.

Very curious to see how this will work. Can't wait to see the finished product! :grin:

:pop2: Waiting on the end result Jed.

As usual you seem to come up with some real good ideas.

I'm sure this one will work out if you get the temps you need.

CA,
A couple of questions,
would you share your dough recipe?

could you cook like this in the bottom firebox (if your cooker doesnt have the warmer over top of the firebox?
jon

CA,
A couple of questions,
would you share your dough recipe?

could you cook like this in the bottom firebox (if your cooker doesnt have the warmer over top of the firebox?
jon
Here are the ingredients

4 1/2 cups (20.25 ounces) unbleached high-gluten, bread, or all-purpose flour, chilled
1 3/4 (.44 ounce) teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon (.11 ounce) instant yeast
1/4 cup (2 ounces) olive oil (optional)
1 3/4 cups (14 ounces) water, ice cold (40°F)
Semolina flour OR cornmeal for dusting

This website details the method that I use.
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html

Looks like it'll work to me, design-wise anyway. Just be careful of that stone spalling under heat. I remember reading somewhere about that happening with granite while in my search for a better stone alternative to the store bought 1/2" thick pieces of crap that crack after one use. I ended up using an 1-1/2" thick hunk of sandstone for my kamado and it works great.

Maybe run the 3/8" plate right under it in case the stone does spall?

Good luck either way. I LOVE PIZZA!!!!!

Back