Pressure Cooker Death

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Beautiful Chuck Roast browned in the pressure cooker and ready to go with homemade beef stock, carrots, potatoes and all the rest of the usual stuff for a great pot roast.

I was really looking forward to having a great dinner with my family, my brother and his kids.

I put the lid on the pressure cooker locked it and pressed the button to set it to Pressure cook by time.
The cooker lights went out and it completely died.

We ended up eating Pasta Carbonara.

The Pot Roast is going in the oven today.

I have no idea why the Pressure Cooker suddenly died in the middle of a cook.
Has this ever happened to any of you?

I guess I will buy a replacement, any suggestions on a Brand.

The one with the best warranty. Did you buy it from someplace with a generous return policy or with a credit card?

The Instant pot, is the only electric one I have used. If something happens to it, I will buy another one.

Get an instant pot. They are well built and come with a SS pot which is very important because non stick breaks down really quickly in pressure cookers. I have a few instant pots but the first one i bought a good 5 years ago is still going strong, and there have been "accidents" where "someone" wasnt paying attention and added liquids into it and not realizing the pot was not in it. And it still works!

I have had 3 instant pots. I currently have the 8 quart. The only negative I can say is that this particular model(the 8 quart) has a common instant pot problem called "the burn light". It's where a sensor thinks there is a burn situation inside and it will stop or slow the pressure building process. Mine has done it with nothing but 4 cups of water inside.

If I had to pick just one I'd go with a model smaller than the 8 quart. It's not a problem worth me doing away with mine.....it's just annoying given how very set and forget my previous two 6qt versions were.

I've been using the MUELLER since Christmas with no problems. My wife bought it because it was made in Germany. Don't know if it's any better than the others because I have not used anything else to compare it to.

Another vote for an Instant Pot. Granted, this is my first foray into pressure cooking.... but this thing has been fantastic and easy.

Sorry to hear about last night's dinner... though, spaghetti carbonara is a HUGE favorite of mine...

Ok- that title is just a bit misleading.

I'm glad no one died from a Pressure Cooker mishap.

And I can continue to enjoy my instant pot with out (much) fear of Boomage.

Back