MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Default When 'Cue And Champagne Collide

http://blogs.menupages.com/southflor...2/bubbleq.html

When 'Cue And Champagne Collide

We were at the Perrier-Jouët Bubble Q, chowing down on a rib from Chris Lilly when we heard a woman politely decline an offer of a rib from a Craftsteak plate. "I don't really eat meat," she said. She then followed that with "I'm not a big fan of beans either." Why this woman thought it would be a good idea to attend a barbecue party (at $350 a ticket!) is a mystery. And that rib at which she snubbed her nose was good. It was the best of the multiple offerings from Tom Colicchio, who was there handing out plates of pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, baked beans and macaroni and cheese. Colicchio organized quite a party: at one moment, you're standing in front of Myron Mixon's whole smoked hog, receiving helpings of baked beans and pulled pork just like at a backyard cookout. But turn around and there's a bar overflowing with champagne served by beautifully chiseled models.

While most chefs went with the "grilling" definition of barbecue, there was plenty of smoking and slow cooking going on. Adam Perry Lang of Daisy May's BBQ won points with the locals for cooking his mojo-marinated pork in Miami favorite La Caja China.
Former Grub Street editor Josh Ozersky nailed the portion size with a one-bite piece of grilled lamb, as did Marcus Samuelsson with his tiny, no-plate-needed grilled salmon tacos. Each gave just enough for us to get a taste (both were very good) without feeling guilty about tossing half the plate.
Three large portions we made sure to finish: Hill Country's brisket, as moist and delicious as ever; Chris Lilly's ribs, which came off the bone with almost no effort; and the grilled ribeye from Pacific Time's Jonathan Eismann. The latter wasn't 'cue in the traditional sense, but the ribeye — encrusted with shiitakes and bathed in an Indonesian-spiced sauce — was one of the best pieces of food we tasted that night.
Photo: Chris Lilly posing in front of the smoker with a plate of ribs
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

As most of you know that is not Chris Lilly holding those ribs
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Little video of the event, recognize anybody? http://www.the-feedbag.com/videodrom...om-south-beach

I guess BBQ has really gone upscale

Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Man I thought I was loosing it, I was sitting here going that isn't Chris Lilly.

Edit; Although the still shot they have of him in the video is not all that flattering. Looks like a nutbag.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I do believe that IS him tending to the pit though

Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Hmm...serving champagne, eh? I have a chiseled body. It was a dull chisel using a rubber mallet, but chiseled none the less. I wouldn't mind making the ladies happy.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
augie
is one Smokin' Farker

Whoever it was that decided to post a picture of notChrisLily holding a plate of ribs rather then chiseled models with champagne blew it!

WSM
Weber 22.5" Kettle (2X)
augie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
garyk1398
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Gary

I wanna see a pic of the "meat snob" and the chiseled models together!

Gary, KCBS -CBJ
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Certified Nebraska MOINK Baller, [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]KCBS - CBJ[/COLOR][/FONT]
Semper Fi, when in doubt empty the magazine :rip:
garyk1398 is offline   Reply With Quote