Smoked Turkey Ravioli three ways

Paulmark

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The other day I smoked a turkey on an ECB I came across. I decided to do ravioli. As I was making them my son asked if it was ok that he had invited his girlfriend over because she loved ravioli. That inspired me to put on the dog and I decided to do them three ways along with salad and garlic bread. I ended making 12 dozen so I got to freeze a bunch for later.
Started out with eggs, 2 flours,salt, and olive oil.
RavioliDinner002.jpg

Put all the ingredients in my mixer with a dough hook and mixed until it formed a ball.
RavioliDinner004.jpg

I covered with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 min.
RavioliDinner005.jpg

I ran the ingredients for the filling through my food processor.

RavioliDinner006.jpg

RavioliDinner007.jpg

I used the plastic half tblsp. to form the filling. Note the difference between the two doughs one was perfect and the other was kind of loose and not firm. No big deal you just have to add more flour as you run it through the pasta machine.
RavioliDinner010.jpg

Rolled out the pasta, made a egg yoke and water mix. Brushed the pasta with the egg and set the filling on it, folded, crimped them taking care to not leave air pockets.
RavioliDinner014.jpg

Dust them with flour, put 'em on a tray and freeze, then bag 'em.

This is the only one I ate today..had to try em, but as always I'm hardly ever hungry after doing major prep..these took 6 hrs or two football games.
RavioliDinner019.jpg

Ingredients for the 3 ways, brown butter and sage; alfredo with sun dried tomatoes; and red sauce I made a week ago.
RavioliDinner023.jpg

RavioliDinner024.jpg

Dinner assembled, pasta, salad, bread...yes my son reaped the benefits. It’s all good though. I told him I used to be a magic chef, he asked what I meant and I told that when I used to cook for girlfriends it would make their panties disappear.:-D

Wow.. great looking feast Paul. Nice job!

Holy Cow! Those look awesome! Good job and I hope your son knows how lucky he is!

JA

Great looking food, Paul! :-D
Thanks Michael:-D

Dang Paul,looks quite professional!:eusa_clap
Thank you Phubar, I guess that 45k for chefs school wasn't totally wasted:oops::grin:

Great going magic chef!
:wink: LOL thanks a lot, BTW still loving the rubs I got from you, I will be a repeat buyer:biggrin:

Beautiful Paul!:cool:
Thanks Guerry! I appreciate it:smile:

That looks delicious Paul! Great idea!!!
Thank you Shawn, I'm delivering a couple of lunches today(to show off:biggrin:)

Holy Cow! Those look awesome! Good job and I hope your son knows how lucky he is!
Thank you! My son is a good kid, but he's used to it, kind of spoiled I guess:wink:

JA

Those look great I could only eat about 2 dozen
LOL thanks a lot SS....I'd like to see that, my son could only eat nine(plus salad and bread) he liked the sage and browned butter the best.:smile:

Nice looking food there, impressed that you made it all from scratch

Thanks Michael:-D

Thank you Phubar, I guess that 45k for chefs school wasn't totally wasted:oops::grin:

:wink: LOL thanks a lot, BTW still loving the rubs I got from you, I will be a repeat buyer:biggrin:

Thanks Guerry! I appreciate it:smile:

Judging from your threads, you didn't waste even a penny.:-D

Back