Discussion Thread -> "BACON!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Bacon!"

bacon-1024x754_zps82da78d4.jpg

Mmmmm... Bacon!

As chosen by Ron_L for winning the "Just One Bite!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Ron_L said:
Now...as to the next Throwdown...

Bacon.

That's it!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/15 through Sunday 8/24.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/25.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Bacon jam ? Have not had the privilege to have it. Looks great, want some.:clap2:

I really can't even think of an entry for this. I mean, poppers with bacon wrap, fatty with bacon wrap, etc, seem like a weak entry to me.

I think I'll sit this one out and learn...

well if CD is entering then is there really a point?

I believe you are WAY ahead of me in the Asian chicken thingies TD.

And, for some of the newer regulars to the TD forum, I am one of the charter members of the Throwdown Whiplash Club -- a club for those of us with the culinary talent necessary to win a TD one week, and get a zero the next. :bow:

Just be thankful if Gore doesn't enter against us. His bacon beer mug is the stuff of legend. :hail:

CD

Hmmm... Where am I?

IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "BACON!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Oh... I was confused by the non-entry posts :becky:

Well, I am officially submitting entry number two, which means I statistically have a fifty-percent chance of winning this throwdown, if no one else enters.

Okay, I got this idea to do a ground bacon burger. I did a little Google research, and would you believe it, I'm not the first farker to think of a ground bacon burger.

Many of the people whole stole my idea in advance said that 100-percent ground bacon didn't work out all that well for them. So, I decided to mix my ground bacon with ground pork.

Here are the basic ingredients for my burger...

I ground the bacon in the Kitchen Aid, and mixed it with equal parts ground pork. I then formed it into a patty, and added some jalepeño nostrils to make a porky pig snout. :rolleyes:

Onto the Weber it goes. A good sear to hold it together, then onto indirect to finish the cook.

Just to insure bacon overload, I fried some bacon for a topping, along with some cheddar cheese, on a really good bun.

Honestly, I did not think this fat bomb would be edible, but it was actually VERY good. I did not finish the whole thing, because it was a half pound of ground bacon and ground pork, topped with more bacon and a slice of cheese, and I want to live at least another day, but I did really enjoy it.

CD

CD... Your burger is staring at me... Make it stop...

:-D

That looks great and I'll bet it tasted even better! :thumb:

Bring it on, Denton County. :cool:

CD
:twisted:

I didn't even bother to Google mine....then it is still original in my head :wink:

Yours ain't another one borrowed from Ronelle, is it? :boink: :becky:

CD... Your burger is staring at me... Make it stop...

Those are nostrils, not eyes. :crazy:

I made that burger just for fun, but it actually was very tasty. Nothing even remotely healthy about it, and I couldn't eat the whole thing. I have some leftover ground bacon/ground pork mix -- and some eggs -- and that has breakfast written all over it. :heh:

CD

Back