• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wings on the smoker???

bbqwilly

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Im smoking some butts and ribs for a party at work next friday. Some of the guys wanted wings. Ive never smoked wings. Ive done them on a grill, just not a RF smoker. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I had great success smoking them then deep frying...... Everyone that's eaten mine LOVE them.

20120925_193900.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have smoked them on a WSM and they came out great. In my opinion, there is no need to deep fry them.

Smoke the wings at a higher temp like 300 and you will get crisp skin. If you have to cook low and slow like 225 or 250 you can always finish em on direct heat for a couple minutes each side to firm up the skin....

Wings on the smoker 325+ temp for best results. Start the wings at 325+, do not bring the heat up slowly. Good luck!

You want crisp skin you need high heat. To me that calls for the grill and add a chunk off wood to the coals.

Talk to Grounghog 66...he's got a system that rocks.

I think you might be disappointed trying cook wings on a RF smoker because of the difference in required temps. Why not just take a pit cooker with you just for the wings?

Back