I Need helpwith Throwdown thread navigation!

TinySmokin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just entered my first throwdown and thought I had it figured out.

This thread announced the throwdown and was for discussion.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197174

This is the link in post 1 from above stating it is the entry thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197080

This is where I first posted my entry...

After making my entry I did a search looking for past throwdowns just to do some looking and accidentally clicked another Campfire Cookin TD entry thread that it seems everybody knows about but me. I guess I am missing something...how do you know to go to this thread for voting? It was not linked in the first thread or second thread. If I had not accidently fat fingered my pad I would have totally missed it...HELP ME I AM SO CONFUSED!

This link below is obviously the official entry thread...but where do you usually find them for each TD?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197173&page=2

I guess I ate to much tonight and its rotting my brain:-D

ok I am no expert on throw downs but at the top of Q talk is a link to the throw downs. On that page there are 2 sections, 1 at the top called Stickies, and the bottom one called discussion. Each throwdown is listed in both places. I believe the bottom area is where you discuss and talk smack about the cook and the one under the top sticky section is where you post the enteries to be judged. If I am wrong I am sure an expert will correct me.

Boy, you're all screwed up, huh?

There's a "Possibly Delinquent Discussion" thread for each one in the lower section.....that's where you're posted up now......Are you delinquent? Does this need to be discussed? You will be delinquent if we don't get this figured out before either noon or midnite tomorrow.....when the entries end......

The "Quality, On Topic Discussion" thread is where you post the entry......up above, in the upper section......

Most folks post the full cook here in Q-Talk, then put in the "Entry Photo" in that "Quality, On Topic Discussion" place with a copy of the link to their cookup......

Voting hasn't started yet, but it will.....in yet another thread.......and I know these people just well enough to know they'll start without you, so get cracking !!!!

As pointed out above, there are multiple threads, some for entering, some for discussing and some for voting, then a few others just for the heck of it. It is a little confusing, but you'll get the hang of it. There used to be one guy who was so confused by the process that he would just enter the same meal in every thread, even some in the Wood Pile, just to make sure. He used to call his entries things like "SPAM fish" and he SPAMmed the entire site! I wonder what happened to him.

These guys got you steered in the right direction and looks like you finally got it figured out! I'll be putting the vote thread together later today after the entries close at noon today.

Like they said, once you navigate through the TD forum and pay attention to the thread titles, it will become easy for ya. There is a lot of info to wade through and it looks like your first entry contains all the required components.

Well with the info here and some sleep I think I now have it figured out. The TD category in Q talk now seems obvious...but I could not have found that for a million bucks last night. Thanks for the usual quick help everybody!

Back