Dilemma

Blutch

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm so stupid.

I just got done injecting, rubbing and brining meat for my Christmas Eve dinner which I intended to smoke tomorrow.. ALL along, I 'm thinking Saturday is Christmas eve.. I'm farkin' off by a day...

So, I have two briskets in the garage rub'd and injected. I assume those will be ok to sit for an extra day eh?

I have a 7 lb pork loin in a brine right now... kosher salt, brown sugar, oranges, cranberries, sage.

Can I/should I leave the pork in the brine for an extra day?

I'm also looking for smoking suggestions, directions for the pork loin... I will do the briskets about 6-7 hours then move them to the oven. i do butts the same way, but have never smoked a pork loin. I really don't want it to dry out, but I would like to have some good bark on it and smoke flavor...so I am open to any and all suggestions on the pork loin.

I will also do some fatties.. was hoping to do some trout, but the fishies didn't cooporate today. :-(

Thanks for the excellent help here.

B

Post # 4 in our roadmap has a load of options for porkloins.

How long u leave it in the brine depends on how much salt you used. If u went more than 1/2-3/4 cup per gallon, I would not go for the extra day becase it mayget to salty. Just ziplock it tight and put it in the fridge.

Briskets will be fine.. and maybe be even better with the extra time so soak up the rub and injection.

I just checked that out and am interested in Mels method for stuffing the pork loin.. I see references to pics, but no pics.. do they expire? I'd like to see how that is done.

Thanks
B

can u send me the link or post(withthe pics), i will see if i can find the pic for u.. It may have gotten lost when we upgraded the forum.

Phil, I'm just following the links in the #4 Road Map pork loin thread. No images at all. :-(

B

ok, gotcha..... i saw some of the pics were not displaying properly.. .. right click your mouse over the icon for the pictures in the posts, and choose 'show pictures' .. they all showed up at once then.

First thing I would do is buy a Calendar. :roll:

brdbbq said:
First thing I would do is buy a Calendar. :roll:

LOL - fine advice. Make sure it's the correct year though. 2006 calendars are going for 75% off or better.

You two leave the man alone. I seem to remember you both losing a day or two over the last couple years.....

I would cook the loin as you were going to do and let the Briskets wait. But that's just me

tommykendall said:
LOL - fine advice. Make sure it's the correct year though. 2006 calendars are going for 75% off or better.

Tell ya what, send me your address & I'll send you a dozen or so 2006's for free.:lol:

Back