Reservations for the 2010 KCBS Banquet in Philadelphia

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We just confirmed our plane reservations (arriving at 1:10 pm Fri Jan 15) and hotel reservations at the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel and look forward to the banquet and a little time away seeing some historic sites nearby the hotel (apparently known as the most historic square mile in America). Tammy and I wanted to meet some folks we've yet to meet and to be there firsthand for the BOD election announcement of results. Nothing in stone yet but win or lose, we'll try to host some sort of an after-party after the banquet! Looking forward to the weekend!

LOL! Same here! Are you getting a table or just first come, first served seating?

It would be nice to meet you boys from KC.... :rolleyes:

Not sure if it will be in the cards for me this year. We'll see.

The only way I could afford it this year was because we already had almost $300 in credits with Southwest Airlines so for a $504 round trip for two, we got off light at $187.

Question for those in the know... Tony Luke's or Geno's Steaks? I gotta experience the best!

Found an article saying it's between Geno's and Pat's. I may have to skip meetings and just track down cheesesteaks! :lol:

I have not been to any of them A lot of people will say Pats. I can ask my son he has been to all three. I plan to go but will commute as I only live 45 minutes away from there- maybe closer as I am moving next month

We booked our rooms last week. Airfare will have to wait a couple of weeks to let me get over the Jack and Talladega airfare.

Found an article saying it's between Geno's and Pat's. I may have to skip meetings and just track down cheesesteaks! :lol:

As someone from Philly I can definitly state the case for Tony Lukes. Tony Lukes has a number of great sandwiches.

Pat's and Genos lag way behind most steak shops in Philly. Jim's Steaks on South St not far from Society Hill Sheraton is far superior.

As someone from Philly I can definitly state the case for Tony Lukes. Tony Lukes has a number of great sandwiches.

Pat's and Genos lag way behind most steak shops in Philly. Jim's Steaks on South St not far from Society Hill Sheraton is far superior.

Thanks for the info, Ron! Of course never having eaten an authentic one FROM Philly, any of them will probably be great to me! :lol: Maybe for time's sake (and the fact we'll have no transportation), Jim's might be the place of choice unless we can catch a ride with some folks going to Tony Lukes.

We booked our rooms last week. Airfare will have to wait a couple of weeks to let me get over the Jack and Talladega airfare.

Steph, I wonder if we can get a small meeting room cheap for an after party so other guests don't complain like they do here in KC. :lol:

Yo Stephie, What are your flights to and from Nashville. I fly out early Friday am and back Sunday around 4:30 on Southwest

Back