Weber kettle owners

Uhm, I never really clean it... I just throw a big full starter in the q and blaze the hell out of the kettle just to "sterilize" everything now and then. Or do you mean the outside?

simple green, 3M pad, fine steel wool, fine rubbing compound, and elbow grease

The Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" sponges are absolutely fantastic for getting the shine back on daisy wheel vents that have smoke residue and buildup. They also make the Weber thermostet tables and handles like new.

The Grill Stone (home depot, lowes) does a great job on wire grill grates but be sure to brush / wash away the grit they leave behind.

For the porcelain, I tend to just use something like Clorox wipes or some homemade vinegar & dish soap concoction my girlfriend makes. A good steel bristle grill brush gets the scaling off the inside of the lid well enough a couple times per year.

Good luck!

I use oven cleaner, sponge w/ scrubber top, and a hose. I know people use rubbing compound to get the enamel nice and shiney. My kettle is relatively new, so I havent felt the need to do the enamel up because it still has its shine.

For the grates I just do a high temperature burn to carbonize everything and take the grill brush to it. Then wipe it with wet cloth and let it dry. Then apply oil to it.

The inside enamel I used oven cleaner to get all the scaling off so it was like new. The bad thing with this is you lose your seasoning. The good news is, the kettle looks almost brand new.

I hate to say it but usually the rain clean the outside. I know I need to take better care of it, but sometimes it takes a few days before I put it away.

I think in the past 12 years I've hit mine once or twice with some simple green and OOOO steel wool. Both of these times the kettle was being hauled inside my vehicle so I thought a little cleaning wouldn't hurt. Otherwise I just go all-natural and let mother nature give it a rinse once in a while.

SOS pads, Greased Lightning and a 3M ScotchBrite pad work for me. I have noticed the ScotchBrite pads can scratch the porcelain. SOS pads have not been an issue.

Quick note, oven cleaner will eat away the shiny surface of the aluminum daisy wheels. It turns them a dull color.

I've used oven cleaner and a scrub pad. Works just fine. If it's really gunky stuff, I use a razor blade type scraper and remove the thick stuff first and then use some type of cleaner. I'm not worried if a scratch the enamel coating. But I must admit, that it's been a long time since I've cleaned em.

I have hosed mine off a couple of times, and it used to sit out in the rain until I bought a cover for it. Mine has been cooking since 1987, She is still a beautiful redhead too. If a little duller these days.

Grease Lightening or some homemade glass cleaner with either paper towels or sponge. I clean it a couple of times a month depending on how it looks. I try to keep up with it so it is never a big job.

I wash mine just as I would my car. About twice a year, i also take my car buffer, and some Meguiar's Fine Cut polish and put a shine on the redhead. She likes that.

CD

Back