Peach Wood

jeffdh52

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to have all the peach wood I can cut. A local peach orchard has lost several trees and the owner said come on over and cut some. I have never used peach before, only apple and cherry. Can you guys that use peach tell a difference between that and apple? I also did my first pig candy and smoked meat loaf for lunch today. Nice. Hope your Sunday involves smoke and football. Thanks

Peach is great! Yes you can tell the diff. between that and apple. Cut all you can, youll use it all the time!

It has a very sweet smell. I like it a lot. Pork is about all I see myself using peach wood for.

Get enough for both of us, will ya? I've never used it, but hear good things.

Peach is now my favorite wood for pork and poultry. I have been using it all summer and I always get rave reviews on my barbeque. It is a nice mild smoke. My supply is dwindling down so I am on the hunt for more.

Peach sounds good. I have a peach tree here at my place that I was gonna trim down. Based on this thread, I will keep some of it for smoking!

I've used it and wasn't impressed, but I'm more of a hickory/cherry fan, less subtle. Many people swear by Peach.

The orchards in the metro St. Louis area (Eck *cough cough*) regularly push out a good number of apple and peach trees each year to keep replenishing their trees. Just about every year this time you can email them and go out before they burn the piles up and get more of each than you can use through the next gathering season.

Back