Butter burgers??

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever done butter burgers? Saw it on tv last night. It looks like a cardiologists dream.....or mine. So I am so having them for dinner tonight in moderation. Looks like it's a Wisconsin thing from what the show said. I think it was a burger with grilled onions and cheese on a toasted bun with a couple tablespoons of butter on the bun. Yeah dinner coming right up.

that's Culvers...started in Sauk City, WI (about a mile from my house)

they're good...but usually give me heartburn (and some clogged arteries)

I'm originally from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, ground zero for Johnsonville brats, the cube steak steak sandwich, the "hard roll" German-style bun and the butter burger. Not a huge secret to them, although I wouldn't worry too much about seasoning (other than S&P) or forming much of a crust. Slow cook 80/20 and assemble as you described!

That's right, it started in Wisconsin, but it's one of my favorite burger places. The butter is not in or on the meat...which is grilled on a skillet. The butter is put on the bun.

That's right, it started in Wisconsin, but it's one of my favorite burger places. The butter is not in or on the meat...which is grilled on a skillet. The butter is put on the bun.
That's just what I saw. They looked fantastic. Buttery but fantastic!

I put mayo on my burger rolls, so butter is really not a stretch.

I pretty much always spread butter on the bun and toast it on the grill.

that's Culvers...started in Sauk City, WI (about a mile from my house)

they're good...but usually give me heartburn (and some clogged arteries)

There is actually a Culver's about 15 miles from me. I've had their frozen custard, but not a butter-burger.

CD

I'm craving a butter burger from Culver's right now!!! Of course with cheddar cheese and bacon.....side of cheese curds.

Form your burgers with a pat of butter in the middle. Makes for a juicy more flavorful burger.

I just made two for dinner and WOW were they great but I woudn't or couldn't do them for a living. Delish yes healthy....well go with the name!

Had my first Culver's burger last month on way to Old Faithful, Rushmore, Crazy Horse et.al. Best burgers in the world, Food Channel be *&^%!

Who knows how they do it?

Back