THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no paint on the inside. Just food safe oil and a hot fire is all you need for the inside.

This confusses me (easy to do). I thought the tuning plates were the "baffle". I am picturing the Lang that has a baffle along the entire underside of the meat box - there would be no reason to put tuning plates above this baffle.

MoKanMeathead said:
This confusses me (easy to do). I thought the tuning plates were the "baffle". I am picturing the Lang that has a baffle along the entire underside of the meat box - there would be no reason to put tuning plates above this baffle.
MM,
Your Lang, like mine, is a reverse flow, and doesn't need tuning plates. For those that have the traditional setup, with a firebox that dumps heat directly into the smoke chamber, tuning plates help shrink or eliminate the hotspot by the firebox. They really make a difference in the smaller offsets.

My tuning plates are slotted to fit the baffle shown below. I took out the plates for this pic a while back. You can see the grooves where the plates just slide in. BTW: there is no paint on the inside anywhere

SheisHere018.jpg

Last edited:
Back