BBQ bands and brews ,

Pigs on The Run

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Awesomes! I had a great time! 25 of the greatest teams in the country! Weather great ! Judges awesome! Even
Met A guy who knew my grand father who was my inspiration for getting into BBQ ! Wow ! We had electricity and water. The BBQ spirit was every where ! Teams helping team s mike richter coming in to make it 25 teams . Gooney creek ready to quit because equipment failure and then to win reserve gran! Wow the stories! Great judges ! Oh by the way Dan please forgive me but it was Mickeys idea!

It was a lot of work but boy it was fun !
Thanks for all who help and came.
John
Pigs on the run

John, may not happen this month, may not happen in the next 6 months, may not happen this year, may not happen in 5 years, BUT you better be watchin you're back............lol!!!!!

It's pretty amazing how something this big, can be this quiet and get where it needs to be...........just sayin..........:fish:

Just remember no DQs at my contest never. And lowest score was 601! This year. Everyone over 600 even the new teams !

John I hope this event continues, because it has become one of my favorites. We usually don't drive that far south but I will for your contest. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Erik

John had a great time and thanks for all the help. It was our first comp but definitely not our last. Hope to see everyone in Louisa.

John- we had a total blast! Loved that awards happened at the time that was stated! Reps were very nice and visited us several times, you checked on us several times, had fun with Guts & Cat Sass, enjoyed visiting a lot of the other teams Friday night, had some great "apple pie" with Wolf's Revenge, met the Fat Maxine team and their choo choo , just so much fun!

Really is a well run event. As was mentioned awards starting on time=awesome. Got to meet a few new Brethren. Heck of a job John!:clap2:

John you can't pronounce Fauquier any better than you can pronounce Deguello. I'll have to come up with something new for 2014. Maybe I will use Oaxaca chocolate in my pork injection. Thank you again for hosting a great event and making us Beltway dwellers feel at home. I'll start recruiting for next year today if you will have the event in 2014!

Thanks for everything John. We did a competition earlier this year and never even met the organizer. You checked on us 1/2 dozen times but never gave us anything to complain about when we saw you! What better place to celebrate our anniversary than in Palmyra! We will gladly come back next year!!!

Thanks again,
Joel & Erin

Thanks for everything John. We did a competition earlier this year and never even met the organizer. You checked on us 1/2 dozen times but never gave us anything to complain about when we saw you! What better place to celebrate our anniversary than in Palmyra! We will gladly come back next year!!!

Thanks again,
Joel & Erin

I know which one that was. I'm still waiting for ice from those jokers. Good news is there's LOTS of great comps in VA like John's and we don't have to settle for a lack of attention and late (OK, super annoying late) awards.

John, thanks for giving us a push to the pro category from the backyard division. A wonderful event put on extremely well done. Look forward to next year.

Mike
The Meatatarians

Back