sauced ribs

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i made these yesterday and took them over to the neighbors for dinner. they said they were the best yet! :biggrin:

dizzy pig coarse and fine dizzy dust 45 minutes prior to putting them on a large egg. (no mustard)
5:15 @ 250 with jack daniels oak barrel chips. blues hog sauce thinned with a little water. shoulda got a photo of them cut, but no. :roll:

bbribs-001.jpg

bbribs-002.jpg

bbribs-005.jpg

if you don't like sauced ribs, i don't care, so don't bother telling me. :icon_clown

Those ribs look too good to cut, just hang them on the walls for decorations :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:!: :biggrin:

P. S. I like sauced ribs best :!:

the first pic is with the flash and the other two are natural lighting. see how the flash makes the ribs look darker and there is no sky reflection in the sauce?

Sauced or not.............they look dang fine to me!! I'm a sauced guy myself too!!:eusa_clap

looks great RTD..

That's my go-to combo when I'm serving guests

DP + BH + BGE = outstanding ribs !!!

any reason you mixed the coarse and fine grinds ? no foil right ?

looks great RTD..

That's my go-to combo when I'm serving guests

DP + BH + BGE = outstanding ribs !!!

any reason you mixed the coarse and fine grinds ? no foil right ?

the main reason for mixing was because i could, although i didn't really mix. it was fine on underneath side and coarse on the top side. no foil and i rotated them once, but always meat side up. i quit foiling ribs years ago (i've only been doing this for not quite three years now) :biggrin:

i learned it from car wash mike on the bge forum..........

available light shots are much better IMO. The flash shot looks dark on my totally uncalibrated monitor. I think the sky reflection shows off the glaze better, again IMO

Did you have the sauce on the entire five hours or at some interim point?

If this whole smoking, bbq thing doesn't work out for you - you got a career as a food photographer...

But I think you got the cookin' nailed.

Those ribs look great. How long did you glaze them after you put the sauce on? Also, how often did you add the woodchips to your fire during the 5 hour cook?

Man, that's a beautiful thing!...I don't think I'd pass any of them ribs up...no way

Firecrackerjack

Back