Sausage stuffed peppers

Qczar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I love sausage stuffed peppers. Jalepeneos and Poblanos. Wrapping them with bacon does`nt hurt either. But my consern is, by stuffing them in the pepper, does the sausage get a good enough smoke flavor?

I`m thinking to try turning them upside down in hopes to let the smoke penitrate better (guess that may not do much)? Maybe just stuff the raw pepper with a crumbled up, pre cooked fatty? Anyone do this?

I think the pre-cooked is the way to go. I often stuff with store-bought smoked sausage, or little smokies, although I ususally end up with more cheese than sausage.

I usually smoke my meat first, then put it in the peppers and put them back on the grill for a little while longer.

i buy bulk sausage and form it into a big patty and smoke it, for a little bit, but not with sweet blueI let a little heavier smoke get to it for a little and keep temps around 200 and under. Dont coook all the way thru. Then add some shreaded cheese and stuff it into poblanos.

Variation: add some seasoned rice to the mixture... saffron, spanish, rissotto, etc...

used rice leftover from Payaya(sp?) and it came out awesome.

BBQchef33 said:
Variation: add some seasoned rice to the mixture... saffron, spanish, rissotto, etc...

used rice leftover from Payaya(sp?) and it came out awesome.

Oh Hell Nevermind

What if you split the peppers, stuffed them with sausage and cooked them that way? Of course the precooking sausage idea sounds like it would work good too.

Bigdog said:
Brian has so many holes in his yard that he is opening a golf course. :p

Then the BigDog will come pee on my course. :roll:

brdbbq said:
Then the BigDog will come pee on my course. :roll:
'
What's the par?

Back on topic:

Use fatty meat, cheese and onion. Yes, I always wrap mine in bacon.

69.............:shock:

Qczar said:
I love sausage stuffed peppers. Jalepeneos and Poblanos. Wrapping them with bacon does`nt hurt either. But my consern is, by stuffing them in the pepper, does the sausage get a good enough smoke flavor?

I`m thinking to try turning them upside down in hopes to let the smoke penitrate better (guess that may not do much)? Maybe just stuff the raw pepper with a crumbled up, pre cooked fatty? Anyone do this?

There is no need to precook the stuffing or wrap with bacon. Simply stuff with raw sausage, meat loaf mix or whatever floats your boat.

Attached is a pic of the poblano's I prepared for Greg's bash. I made a similar batch last weekend. I've also done this with larger peppers. I may turn the peppers over halfway through. The filling was allways fully cooked and plenty smokey.

Attachments

• turd_production.jpg
    turd_production.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 134
Mark said:
There is no need to precook the stuffing or wrap with bacon. Simply stuff with raw sausage, meat loaf mix or whatever floats your boat.

Attached is a pic of the poblano's I prepared for Greg's bash. I made a similar batch last weekend. I've also done this with larger peppers. I may turn the peppers over halfway through. The filling was allways fully cooked and plenty smokey.

I agree with Mark that there is not need to precook the stuffing.
However, I always wrap the pepper in bacon just because it taste so good.

Guido

I like the idea of smoking the sausage first. On sat I smoked a small brisket with two fatties on the shelf above it, then on sunday roasted a chicken and used the smoked fattie in the stuffing. Talk about good eating!!

Hey Mark, can ya send me the recipe for the stuffed peppers in the picture :) I am sittin here droolin at the thought of em. how long to cook an such.... i will be Jan before i can get the New Dera up an running ( gotta get back to states 1st). but i can get ther prep going for an initial run of it while i am here.
thanks

BlueIdTxan said:
Hey Mark, can ya send me the recipe for the stuffed peppers in the picture :) I am sittin here droolin at the thought of em. how long to cook an such.... i will be Jan before i can get the New Dera up an running ( gotta get back to states 1st). but i can get ther prep going for an initial run of it while i am here.
thanks

at the bash we stuffed them with some seasoned sausage meat and jsut cooked them. you can also mix soome cooked rice in with them(if your cooking for Brian) and some mexican 3 cheese. Use your imagination, any stuffing and wrapped in bacon will be good.

Herz sum Payaya i kooked in my webeer

paellacooking.jpg

BBQchef33 said:
at the bash we stuffed them with some seasoned sausage meat and jsut cooked them. you can also mix soome cooked rice in with them(if your cooking for Brian) and some mexican 3 cheese. Use your imagination, any stuffing and wrapped in bacon will be good.

If you're gonna add rice for Brian you should mix in some Spam for Greg.

I don't really follow recipes for stuffed poblanos. It depends what i got on hand. But here's what I usually do:

Mix shredded chedder (or whatever cheese you got) with bread crumbs & eggs
OR meat loaf mix
Stuff peppers

If you use cheese, you can cap with a 1" piece of link sausage to keep the cheese from oozing out.

Mozzarela chees mix with italian sausage chunk and mariana dipping sauce is probably my favorite.

Back