1st Annual Fall Nor Cal Bash --It's Official

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The 1st Annual Fall Nor Call Bash is set for October 26 & 27 in beautiful Cloverdale, California.

The even will be held at the KOA Campground and each group is responsible for making their own arrangements with the campground. (A link is provided below). Please let them know you are with the BBQ Brethren Group.

KOA

Cloverdale is located in the scenic Russian River area and close to many, many wineries.

About Cloverdale

More details as to what the agenda is will be announced as we get details on who is coming and what they are bringing as far as equipment.

Our hope is that we will be able to impress some of the locals enough to get them to sponsor an annual comp in this area. We will have some great surprises to announce once we know what they are.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend along with who you are bringing and what equipment.

Thanks. This even will be "family friendly."

Already confirmed...

trp1fox
Smokepranos
Beerwolf
TK (yes a So Cal Brother is coming)

Last edited:
TK and any other So Cals that want to attend. Don't worry about making reservations, we'll find room for you somewhere, someway. Unless you plan to bring and RV or such.

Good job getting this going Larry. One question, are they setting aside a specific area for us? I'm not sure yet if we will be bringing an RV or renting one of the cabins or lodges. I'm assuming we'd all want to be relativly close together as far as lodging goes. The place looks awesome and large.

What are the rest of you guys renting, a RV spot or cabin or lodge?

Jason

Good job getting this going Larry. One question, are they setting aside a specific area for us? I'm not sure yet if we will be bringing an RV or renting one of the cabins or lodges. I'm assuming we'd all want to be relativly close together as far as lodging goes. The place looks awesome and large.

What are the rest of you guys renting, a RV spot or cabin or lodge?

Jason
If the wife comes I'm getting a cabin. if she doesn't I'll probably sleep in my van..down by the river. And beerwolf gets all the credit for location...

We have an area for the actual bash. They have a large hall we will try to get if we get enough. Otherwise we will set up together.

They are trying to accomodate all of us camping together, so the sooner we get reservations in the better.

Sounds good Larry. Hopefully we can decide what we are bringing soon and make some reservations.

Jason

Don't you HAVE to bring that new rig of yours?

Of course I'm bringing the new rig! I just need to decide if we are going to rent a cabin or get an RV site. I have access to a motor home and a fifth wheel trailer. The fifth wheel is much nicer, but of course then I'd have to bring two pickups. More than likely my brother and other buddy who are the other members of The Smokepranos will be going too. So it shouldn't be a problem finding drivers. Basically I need to talk to my wife tonight to see what the fark she wants to do. Worse case senario, I'll pull my rig up there by myself and sleep in the log rack! It is about 30" wide and 8' long.:wink:

Jason

Ive notified KOA to look out for Brethren. I am working on getting more public info and maybe a couple of wineries and breweries as well.

Ok, for some dumb reason I was thinking this was set for October not this month! This is the next weekend after the comp in Fairfield. I still may be able to make it work, but I noticed that the 26 -27 is Sunday - Monday. Is this right? I would be guess that this meant to be August 25 -26 Saturday - Sunday? Please let me know guys.

Jason

Ok, for some dumb reason I was thinking this was set for October not this month! This is the next weekend after the comp in Fairfield. I still may be able to make it work, but I noticed that the 26 -27 is Sunday - Monday. Is this right? I would be guess that this meant to be August 25 -26 Saturday - Sunday? Please let me know guys.

Jason

You aren't dumb, I am!

The event is October 26 & 27. That is a Friday and Saturday. Thought was set up Friday night, cook all night, eat all day Saturday, sleep, go home Sunday.

I'm sure there is some flexibility here on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. It just depends on who wants to come and when.

I have corrected the original post.

If I cannot schedule a catering gig I will try and make it as well. It will be a game time decision.

If I cannot schedule a catering gig I will try and make it as well. It will be a game time decision.

It will be worth the drive for sure. A bunch of you SoCal guys should get together and convoy on up here. If for nothing else to say you convoyed somewhere!:grin:

Jason

My next roadtrip will be taking my little one to Texas to meet her grandmother and great-grandmother.

My next roadtrip will be taking my little one to Texas to meet her grandmother and great-grandmother.

As important as our Bash is, that road trip tops everything else.

It's just to bad there's no good BBQ in Texas any more.

One way or another, I'll be there! John. Can we pick up our hats there? :twisted:

Back