MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Andrew
On the road to being a farker

Default Adjustable vents for firebox.

i am having a real tough time trying to find some vents for my new firebox under construction.

anyone find any online?

this is the best i can find, but its cast iron, i would like something in the steel range so it can be easily welded on.

http://www.northlineexpress.com/vent...cleanout-doors
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Make one

luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Andrew

i figured i was going to get the "make one" reply, im leaning towards it, but you have some damn good craftsmanship on that one.

i will have to talk to my friends with welders and see how good they are LOL

Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Take a look at these. I used them in my build and the work pretty good.
http://www.kck.com/bbq_air_damper_smoker_pit_grill.html
FYI, I need to add a third damper to my firebox, I'm getting limited flow for higher temp cooks and need to crack the door.

This guy's website has quite a bit of stuff, shipped fast & cheap. I was happy with his customer service.

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Don't know what kind of smoker you want to build but this would kill two birds with one stone, giving you an access door and adjustable vents at the same time.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...D=GSHOP_433921

The vent you show will work, you would just need to drill several bolt holes to mount it.
Dave

Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Don't know what kind of smoker you want to build but this would kill two birds with one stone, giving you an access door and adjustable vents at the same time.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...D=GSHOP_433921

The vent you show will work, you would just need to drill several bolt holes to mount it.
Dave

i think thats what i will have to do, my firebox now is rusting away with too many leaks, im making a 24"x24" new one.