What do you pay per/lbs for Boston Butt?

Wegman's has them for $1.29/lb. all the time??? We've got Wegman's not too far from me. Gonna have to check on that. Thank you! :thumb:

Yup. Everyday.

Chicken for $1.99 I think. Everyday. Even nicer that you can buy several chicken breasts in it's own "single pack". Tear out what you need and leave rest in freezer.

Normal price 1.99 to 2.49 a pound

On sale use to be .99 just a few months ago but seems like 1.19 is the new sale price around here

I'd say it's typically between 1.29 and 1.49, sale dependent. At Kroger here in Middle TN, they've been pretty much consistently 1.49 for the past few months. Harris Teeter's weekly ad had them for .99/lb last week. Stocked up and bought 8 of them! I've also seen them go for 2.50/lb when not on sale.

Once, the Kroger closest to where my husband works had Boston Butts on sale for .49/lb. Not manager's special or anything. Just a sale that wasn't advertised. I always make sure to stroll by the meat cases every time I'm shopping now.

The pork butt I got last week was $1.69/lb at Jewel (local chain, part of Albertsons). Decent butcher shop depending on who is working.

I also just saw the weekly ad from a local high end grocer (like the kind of place that can tell you the name of farmer, the last meal the pig ate and what the weather was like on the day it was born) with a "sale" on shoulders for $2.99/lb, normally $3.99/lb.

I have had a few ribeyes from the high end place, and they really are worth the extra money. Anyone have any thoughts on what kind of difference that might have in a more slow cooking process like pulled pork? Seems less likely to make a noticeable difference than a medium-rare steak, but just curious. I was plenty happy with the $1.69/lb butt I just had...

I get them for $1.99/lb at costco. Best I can get unless I get boneless at RD, which can be as low as $1.69.

I'm about to buy my first case of pork butts from Sam's club tonight. Case pricing is $1.38/lb (8 butts I believe). $1.69/lb otherwise for 2 pack. Walmart is $1.99/lb for single (Tyson's).

I'm going to try buckboard bacon with a couple of the butts sometime soon as bacon prices are insanely high right now.

Harris Teeter has them on sale for $.99, I'll be smoking this weekend using Myron's pork injection!

I am going to Restaurant Depot in Pittsburgh this weekend. I am curious to see the price.Will report in.

Back