Tried the reverse sear on burgers.

That's a good loking burger. I started doing reverse sears on my burgers about a year ago, works great.

Matt

Sounds interesting. Could y'all please specify how you're doing a reverse sear.

Cook your patties indirect to about 10*F below desired interior doneness and then rapidly sear over direct heat.

I've been doing my burgers this way for several years and it is by far my preferred method for a 1/2lb (or bigger) patty.

1/4lb patties are normally too thin for this method to really work. For me, it's easier to just grill those over medium direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side.

Done it several times with great results. Color of interior is awesome, pink throughout.

Without reading this, I just did this same thing with pork chops tonight. They were awesome... this technique is not limited to burgers.

The absolutely best burgers I have ever had were made in a small diner next to my dads shop, she used ground beef, and a hot grill, smashed it on there, let it cook right to the grill(it sort of fried right TO the grill), peeled it off more or less, then did the second side the same way. Never had a burger as good.

That's a good loking burger. I started doing reverse sears on my burgers about a year ago, works great.

Matt

+1
Makes it tasty!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYZ5MHEVcU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Traeger reverse sear hamburger - YouTube[/ame]

I just reverse seared a London Broil last night and it was perfect. I've done the same thing with the my two Tri Tips as well. They've all turned out more evenly cooked, while still tender and juicy.

Interesting idea on the reverse sear, never would have thought of it. I would eat that burger

I smoked burgers for a few times and the kids and the misses said they wanted the grill marks :confused: so I says not a problem... Smokem for a bit then direct heat... BEST BURGERS EVER DAD :thumb:

so for a big hamburger cook, could I use the UDS to smoke/reverse sear the burgers and then throw them on a large griddle to finish em off?

Isn't that what Miron Mixon said to do?

Ever since I started making the cheese skirt on my burgers, I only fry them now. Put my cast iron skillet on the grill and get it nice and hot. Drop on the patty, a little S&P and let it get a great crust on it, flip and add the cheese. By the time the cheese is nice and melty and crispy the burger is done.

Back