heres whats for dinner....

creepyrat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
a late dinner since i didn't get the meat on until 2:45 but hey...

Img_0394.jpg

now for the weather report...

Img_0395.jpg

even in this mess i have the q tucked in the corner of the porch so no direct wind is hitting it its been holding a steady 250 for the last 30 minutes since i added the meat.

using minion and hickory and 2 different rubs, one is emerils cajun rub the other is brown sugar, paprika and some other things not for sure what since i didn't make it.

i was going to wait until my new meat thermometers showed up from amazon but the meat couldn't wait any longer and i don't want to freeze it.

Looks good creeyrat. Its snowing here near Lansing but we have very little on the ground. This kind of weather sure adds a new dimension to Q-ing for sure.

Snow

Right here in Mid Oklahoma we got some flurrys where I live but no accumilation

the best part about the snow and cold is my beer stays cool while i'm out there lol

Are those chuckies?

Be sure to post some finished pics!

its soon to be pulled pork, the three hour pron teaser

Img_0397.jpg

its going good, i have found that i need very very little adjustment of the firebox vent, 1/16 to an 1/8 of an inch open for around 255 and just a 1/16th more will take me up to around 315.

this is my 2nd cook and i am starting to think its a steady unit maybe i could wander away for a few hours and be plenty safe, right now i check at least every hour but just the temp gauge, the meat trades spots now and then since the firebox side is warmer but i don't think it will make a whole lot of difference.

all in all i think i may be getting the hang of it lol

ps, that white stuff i duno it appeared out of nowhere a few days ago again but i'll stoke up the fire after i take the meat off to hopefully scare it off.

Looks great. We're getting similar white stuff down here in the Ann Arbor area. I'm grilling some Delmonicos tonight and I'm probably going to do a half dozen pork butts tomorrow just because I bought too many last fall and I need to rotate stock.

Looks great.

Might I recommend installing a baffle on that sucker?

Plan on putting on a butt and flat tomorrow and they're calling for possible 2-4inches of snow. IN APRIL??? WTF. I could see if I lived in Michigan or MN but Delaware?

Plan on putting on a butt and flat tomorrow and they're calling for possible 2-4inches of snow. IN APRIL??? WTF. I could see if I lived in Michigan or MN but Delaware?

DSC01916.jpg

I hear you, March came in really mellow. I still have snow on the ground.

Uhm we have green grass, with 25 farking degrees and wind gusts to 50mph. Looks like oven cooking for Easter.

the results are in, not the greatest pictures i was in a hurry , i shredded one the other one was cut in half, part for dinner the other half i took to a friend place that everyone gathered at for some late night carousing.

Img_0403.jpg

eight hours of smoke and heat.

Img_0404.jpg

thirty minutes of shredding.

Img_0405.jpg

a few minutes of very tasty sandwich with some spicy vinegar sauce. the smoke was strong enough and the sauce just weak enough that you could taste both.

Looks good Creepycat. Smoking in the snow is something we just kind of take for granted up here. We ended up getting only an inch of the white stuff last night but they are calling for 2-4" today.

That is some really good looking meat. I can almost smell it while looking at the pics.

Back