Looking for Color Temp Gauge

417bullelk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It seems that I saw a large (2 or 3 " ) temp gauge that was colored for each stage...Ssmoking, BBQ, and Grilling. I have searched for hours now with no result. I just purchased a Bandera and am working on the mods before I even fire it up for the first time.

Anyone have a clue about this gauge??

How about this one. 3" post mount, High quality, can be calibrated.

new gauge is great. Make sure ya test/calibrate it with the ice water/boiling water test. Then, dont worry about how pretty it is and install it so 250(or whatever your normal cooking temp is) is at the 12:00 position. This way, from across the yard, you can tell where the temps are just by seeing on which side of straight up the needle is.

Got me one of them remote jobs so when it gets close it tingles my balls.

Brian, where exactly are you sticking that probe anyway? :shock: :oops: :lol:

WOW..thanks everyone for the quick response. That is exactly the one I was thinking of. Just finished the wheel mod about 10 minutes ago, I moved it about 10 feet and both wheels fell off. Did the drill hole, washer, cotter pin thing. Baffle will be done today.

I am new to the place and I'm liking it....think I'll move in for good.

Thanks again guys.

WalMart often has NB gauges. Ben Lang (www.pigroast.com) has a really nice gauge for $37.50 and free shipping.

As Phil said, check and calibrate when you install.

Bull: You should go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself so that everyone can meet our newest Brother. Welcome and many happy postings to come.

I found one last night that looks very similar to the one pictured above at Academy Sports just outside of New Orleans in Harahan...was about $19. I'm gonna plug it into my bandera tonight when I fire up for the fresh ham overnight.

Not sure if it can be calibrated tho....I'll look at it when I get home this evening...

C

Yes, welcome Bull!

Good lord, look at that Elk you got their. Just to think you killed that with a simple arrow is mind numbing.

Put up a post over in Cattle Call. Thanks again everyone.
Just to think you killed that with a simple arrow is mind numbing.
Big Belly, just one arrow, at 30 yards and lights out.

C - I don't have an academy sports in the area that I know of.....I guess I willl have to do the online thing.

spicewine - Thanks for the info, I am ordering it tonight from your website.

OK Spicewine, the order was just put in, the gauge and some maple wood!!

Thanks brother!! :D

Where did you bag that baby?

Did you drag that thing out or just smoke and eat there?

BigAl Wrote:
Did you drag that thing out or just smoke and eat there?

Took several trips with a quad to haul him out.

:shock: it must be getting close...yep ohh yea I am feeling it....

A BIG THANKS!!

Thanks Spicewine!!

Got the order today...

1 - 3" temp gauge

1 - 10# bag of Maple wood ..(yea..I got Wood today)

AND A BONUS....a bottle of Spicewine Ironworks Signature Gourmet Barbeque Glaze.

Thanks a million....can't wait to give it a try!!

Stupid thing...

cayenne said:
I found one last night that looks very similar to the one pictured above at Academy Sports just outside of New Orleans in Harahan...was about $19. I'm gonna plug it into my bandera tonight when I fire up for the fresh ham overnight.

Not sure if it can be calibrated tho....I'll look at it when I get home this evening...

C

Well, that thermometer just didn't cut it....it was at least 25F off the whole cooking time...I don't see anyway of breaking it open to calibrate it...

So for now..it is just plugging the hole in my door...maybe I'll try to get one of the calibratable ones...until then, will just keep using a probe thermometer down the chimney..
Problem with this is...the connector end keeps getting on the firebox and melting...

C

Back