Sweet BBQ

Zedsdead

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I like my barbecue to be a little sweet, especially with chcken. Would adding honey to the BBQ sauce b4 I sauce the chicken taste good? Anything else I can add to make it a little sweet?

If you want sweet, get some Blues Hog original. Otherwise, honey, cane syrup, corn syrup, molasses, brown sugar, white sugar, etc. will take the sweetness up a notch. Just remember, brown sugar and white sugar doesn't like to dissolve in liquids that aren't hot. So, if you go that route, you may want to warm the sauce up while you add it.

One other thing, sugar burns easily, so only add the sauce to the chicken during the last 15 minutes or so of cook time.

If you want sweet, get some Blues Hog original. Otherwise, honey, cane syrup, corn syrup, molasses, brown sugar, white sugar, etc. will take the sweetness up a notch. Just remember, brown sugar and white sugar doesn't like to dissolve in liquids that aren't hot. So, if you go that route, you may want to warm the sauce up while you add it.

One other thing, sugar burns easily, so only add the sauce to the chicken during the last 15 minutes or so of cook time.

+1 for Blues Hog awesome stuff!

I add some honey to Sweet Baby Rays sometimes. Tastes excellent. Honey also adds a little shine to the sauce. I also like to add hot sauce and honey to get that sweet and hot taste.

I think it tastes good, I use Honey all the time. Just be careful when you put it on, the sugars tends to burn. Add it at the very end of the cook.

You can get Sweet Baby Ray's up here in Canada. It's. Very good.

If you like sweet try blending some sauce with a fruit preserve and a sweetener, like honey or maple. A touch of booze like Bourbon is really good too.

Back