OK, Now that I got them how do I clean them?

T

The Anchorman

They are at their New Home in Narragansett Rhode Island!
A Large BGE in it's table and a Mini BGE for a total price of $195.

Now any help on starting them up and cleaning them would be more than helpful.

I plan on doing this tomorrow, and cooking chicken on them also.

Sorry no Pron will be coming anytime soon digi/cam is oout of order.

I may be able to video soon though:wink:

No pics, didn't happen!

What exactly do you need to clean? scrub the grate with a wire brush wash the outside with a wet rag, add soapy water if needed.

Assuming that they have been used and the gasket is set, just build a fire in them and let them get to 600 or 700 degrees for a while. That will burn off any left over crud.

Use lump and fill it up to the top of the charcoal ring. An easy way to start the fire is to use a paper towel that has been soaked in veggie oil. Light the towel and drop it on top of the lump. Have the daisy wheel top off and the lower vent wide open until the temp gets close to where you want it then you can put the top on and adjust the daisy wheel and close the lower door part way. Use the lower door to make bigger changes in temp and the daisy wheel to make smaller adjustments.

thanks Ron but as it goes right now all I have is some kingsford briquettes. I can do the same right?

Briquetts really don't do well in them. Ash clogs the coal grate.

For the price you paid, you should be able afford to hire that cleaning out. Nice score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back