• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Went to buy a steak and came home with a whole tenderloin.

rexbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So my wife told me to go to the store and pick up a couple steaks. I looked around and found a couple good ribeyes, but they were quite pricey. Almost $30 for two. Then I look right next to them and there are whole tenderloins were on sale. Picked up a nice 6.5 pounder for under $50 and now I get to have filets through the weekend. Score! I would have posted pics of tonight's meal but it was dark and I was starving.

Its sickening, the mark up on meat. My dad works for a wholesale meat company, I can get a WHOLE prime rib roast for under 100. I hate going to restaurants because i know how much they pay for stuff.

Its sickening, the mark up on meat. My dad works for a wholesale meat company, I can get a WHOLE prime rib roast for under 100. I hate going to restaurants because i know how much they pay for stuff.

Cooked and overhead is where you pay

Cooked and overhead is where you pay

Its still out of control. a rare steak is neither hard, or long to cook lol. I do understand overhead though.

I dont remember the weight, but it was delicious.
20121224_153446_zps9ba49714.jpg

My apologies for the minor hijacking.

I will post some pron soon. I was so excited to get it broken down into steaks that I forgot to take pics. Ended up with eight 1.5 inch thick steaks that are screaming for a reverse sear.

My father has done that at Costco before. Goes for a steak..comes home with a whole loin. Those are the times I hang out at his place.

That's a sexy hunka meat! My wife dreads when I go shopping (especially Costco) because of my tendency to get sucked in to the meat and seafood areas.

That's a sexy hunka meat! My wife dreads when I go shopping (especially Costco) because of my tendency to get sucked in to the meat and seafood areas.
Thought it was just me... :redface:

My wife was mad, but when I showed her the price she was alright with it. She too was happy that we get to have filet a couple more times. BTW I picked this up at Tom Leonards in Short Pump. It is the son of Stew Leonard who has the stores up near NY. Worked out great.

With only 8 1.5 inch steaks.........what part of the tenderloin did you buy?

Sounds like you bought the butt end.

I hope the loin wasn't from Krogers.

Back