MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
CSPT
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Backwoods Party

I am thinking about purchasing a Backwoods Partybut was looking for some recommendations. First, is it worth the extra money to get the stainless steel doors? What add-ons are a must and whcih ones are not necessary? Any input that anyone has on these questions as well as your experience with the smoker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
CSPT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Braddog
Full Fledged Farker

Stainless doors are nice, but they don't really make a difference in how the thing cooks. I'd add the heat diverter for a little more of a barrier between the fire and the water pan. I'd also add the commercial fire grate to be able to extend the cooking time (more charcoal = longer cooking time).

Cheers,
Braddog
Large Big Green Egg
Bubba Keg
Braddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
LVBBQMan
On the road to being a farker

I agree with Braddog. Also consider getting the 180 degree opening doors at least on the fire chamber door.. The commercial fire grate can be a bit difficult to handle when full of hot charcoal and trying to slide it in the fire chamber with the standard door. Also, if you don't have a place to set the party, consider finding a welder who can build you a stand with casters to make moving it easy.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Braddog
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBBQMan View Post
I agree with Braddog. Also consider getting the 180 degree opening doors at least on the fire chamber door.. The commercial fire grate can be a bit difficult to handle when full of hot charcoal and trying to slide it in the fire chamber with the standard door. Also, if you don't have a place to set the party, consider finding a welder who can build you a stand with casters to make moving it easy.
I always forget that option as it wasn't available when I bought mine, but I'd definitely spring for the 180 degree opening doors.

Cheers,
Braddog
Large Big Green Egg
Bubba Keg
Braddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Big Bears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I agree with Braddog.........
Big Bears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Big Bears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

You could also make contact with BBQ Bubba and Michael Terry they are Backwoods Distributors they can help you out.... Their members on our forum.........
Big Bears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Pm sent

Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
CSPT
Got rid of the matchlight.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it !
CSPT is offline   Reply With Quote