Today's breakfast

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is my entry for the Eggs Throwdown...

When I think of eggs the first thing that comes to mind is breakfast. With that being said, my little brain couldn't come up with anything more creative than a basic good old plate of eggs, sausage and hash browns. I've never tried doing them on the smoker so this is my first shot.

First off the ingredients:

imgp1318r.jpg

I figured I'd give Yardbird a try for a little more flavor:

imgp1328p.jpg

I decided to put the eggs in dishes and basically poach them. I added a little bacon grease to the dishes so they wouldn't stick. Eggs, sausage and hash browns all seasoned and ready to go:

imgp1320.jpg

Got the smoker up to temp. I'm sure the neighbors are thinking WTF is he doing at 5:30 in the morning. At least I wasn't standing out there in my boxers for a change:

imgp1325m.jpg

On the grill they go:

imgp1327n.jpg

I ended up stoking the heat up to about 275 to get things cooking. I set the timer for half an hour and when I came out everything was done. I figured it would take longer so it's a good thing I used the timer. Here are the results:

imgp1329a.jpg

The Yardbird really gave the meal a nice flavor, and the half an hour of smoke helped as well. The egg yokes were a touch more done than I would have prefered, but all in all still very tasty. Next time I'll probably pull them off a couple minutes earlier. The sausage was a little pink in the middle which I like, and the hash browns were nice and crunchy.

Thanks for looking...

Traeger 075
Weber Genesis Silver Gasser

Spinning, whirling, still decending
Like a spiral sea... unending

Zero Club Wannabe

So yer neighbors are cool with you standing around with no boxers?

It's never occurred to me to smoke my breakfast - not food anyway. Looks fantastic - I'm gonna have my cooker going in the early hours this weekend - I'm gonna check that out, 'cept I have tater tots instead of hash browns on hand. Thanks for posting! :thumb:

That looks mighty fine AL! A breakfast fit for a day on the links:becky:! I will be tryin that one myself!:thumb:

Looks great! I never thought about smoking my breakfast before. The rub is a good idea for the eggs, i think i will use some even when i make eggs on the stove.

Looks great Al! I wouldn't be too worried about what your neighbors think, I get up and get the fire going sometimes as early at 4:30... they're used to it!

So yer neighbors are cool with you standing around with no boxers? :thumb:

Yep... of the eight neighbors I have around me, half of them are police. I'm sure they are used to saying "Move along... nothing to see here" :tsk::doh::heh:

Back