scary sharp rib slicer

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here is a smaller suji that I now use for ribs at competitions. The video is a bit long, so skip ahead for the paper test. I am finding that with sharp knives a push cut before the slice works well with bark. If you need your knives sharpened, let me know. First knife is free. $5 for each knife after. We can work out shipping.

Misono Swedish Suji 240mm - YouTube

Now that is sharp! Nice to see a man with pride in his skills.

I have two Japanese knifes that my wife brought back from Japan. They have really nice edges but don't use them because I didn't know how or where to get them sharpened. No use having a knife that isn't sharp!

I have two Japanese knifes that my wife brought back from Japan. They have really nice edges but don't use them because I didn't know how or where to get them sharpened. No use having a knife that isn't sharp!

I can take care of that!! :becky:

What's the turn around time on getting a handful of knives sharpened and returned???

What's the turn around time on getting a handful of knives sharpened and returned???

Depends on shipping time and if you have any major damage that needs to be repaired. I would imagine that I can get 10-20 knives done per day depending on my church and teaching schedule. I'll check with the post office tomorrow about the best methods for shipping and the costs. First knife is free for Brethren. Each knife after that is $5. I assume you would like them done before a comp. I work at Augustana College in Rock Island, so that may be close enough for us to meet and keep the USPS out of the loop :)

i've got a shun i had to use to cut chicken parts. i chipped the edge, it's real small.

can you fix/sharpen to their odd angle?

actually i have 2...i'd send em both. :thumb:

i've got a shun i had to use to cut chicken parts. i chipped the edge, it's real small.

can you fix/sharpen to their odd angle?

actually i have 2...i'd send em both. :thumb:

no problem. they come with a 16* angle. absolutely no worries. small chips won't be much of a problem. PM me and we can make arrangements.

Dan, are you sure you want those Ginsu's sharpened? I told you not to cut the firewood with those. :becky:

Monty, looks like you and I have the same taste in music. I have the same shirt.

Favorite band....ever.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack everyone.

Back