how many ribs can you cook on a UDS?

AUradar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
how many rack of ribs (St Louis style) have ya'll gotten on a UDS. I can use two grates.

Have a big cook coming up and trying to figure out cooking logistics.

Not sure, but you'll most likely be able to fit more if you use rib racks. I believe some people use overturned roasting grates but I'm not sure how well those work.

Not sure, but you'll most likely be able to fit more if you use rib racks. I believe some people use overturned roasting grates but I'm not sure how well those work.

I use these ^^^^^ in my drum. The rack that I use will hold 6 racks in the slots plus one more leaning against each end. Seeing as I have two grates & two roasting racks I can put 16 racks of ribs in the trash can at one time. You might be able to get more if you roll & skewer your ribs.

I bought a rack, but its not very wide. Didn't seem to be able to hold up a full rack. And I noticed the picture on the box showed a half rack being used.

Are you using the short ones or did you get a longer one?

Eight per rack( times two) =16. I'm now prototyping some rib racks that also double cooking space. Will post soon. Rolling never has produced the same rib that I want to cook, taste wise or looks. Steve.

Back