MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

Question BBQ comp cooking class question

I have the opportunity to go to this class. It is actually local and not to many things come this way. I have heard of cancersuckschicago but not much. They are part of this class. Any thoughts on these two guys that are putting this on? It seems like they have some awards and know what they are doing to me...any ways here is the info they posted for the class...I am sure some of you know them personally so figured I can get a hell ya or no way....leaning towards the hell ya

Mike Wozniak Bio

Mike Wozniak “QUAU” has been cooking since 2001. He was the first team in KCBS history to record a perfect season in 2006. He consistently finished in the top 10 for KCBS Team of the Year and in all of the categories. He travels the country and has competed in almost 30 states. In 2010 he finished as the KCBS Team of the Year. Also in 2010 they won the Jack Daniel’s World Invitational Grand Championship.

Scottie Johnson Bio

Scottie Johnson CancerSucksChicago.com started cooking in 2005 with 2 contests. Competes to raise awareness and raise funds for cancer research. Cooks in memory of my wife who passed away in 2003, leaving myself and my daughters who were only 5 and 1 at the time. We named our team after a button my wife wore to chemo every Thursday for almost 18 months. In 2006 cancersuckschicago.com won the prestigious Jack Daniels’ World Invitational Grand Championship. This was the day after my dad passed away from cancer and I decided to stay and cook the contest in my dad’s memory. In 2008 finished at the 8th place team in the KCBS Team of the Year out of almost 5000 BBQ Teams. Has finished in the top 10 and the top 20 consistently for KCBS Team of the Year. Raises money across the US and is trying to unite the BBQ community with our cause. So far we have competed in 31 different states.

and here is the website about the comp I am thinking of joining you can read their write-up about the class about halfway down....thanks for any tips
http://www.wyo-bbq-bluegrass.com/BBQ.htm

Old 06-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
huminie
is one Smokin' Farker

Don't. Hesitate. For. A. Second.

Are you signed up yet?

Why not?

Now?

Just do it!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
got14u
is one Smokin' Farker

LOL....I figured I might get a couple reply's like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by huminie View Post
Don't. Hesitate. For. A. Second.

Are you signed up yet?

Why not?

Now?

Just do it!!!

Old 06-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Go if ya can

Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
riblette
On the road to being a farker

Haven't attended the class, but I notice QUAU is currently at the # 1 spot in the KCBS TOY standings. He's also # 1 in Chicken. And in Ribs. And in Pork. I think he finished # 1 last year, too.

I guess it's possible he knows what he's doing.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

You must be very, very new to Competition BBQ if you've not heard of these guys !

It'd be worth the money !
Podge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Alexa RnQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix

You don't want to know what I'd give to go to that class!!!!!

[url=http://www.rhythmnque.com]Rhythm 'n QUE[/url]
Alexa RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Hell Yeah!

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I went to Scottie's first class here in Chicago a couple of years ago. Mike was a guest instructor for chicken only at that time, but he chimed in with tips and suggestions throughout. Both did an excellent job and I recommend the class highly. One tip that I took from Scottie led us to two first place finishes in pork (plus another where we were tied for first and lost the coin flip) and 39th overall in the TOY pork category last year.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

QUAU took the GC at last years' Jack Daniels, 2010. Cancer Sucks won the same GC in 2006.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
huminie
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by got14u View Post
LOL....I figured I might get a couple reply's like that
Are you signed up yet?

Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Worth more than you'll spend

Old 06-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Seriously dude. Don't freaking hesitate. HELL YEah! Take the class.

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
luckyduk
Full Fledged Farker

I took Scotties class in Chicago this past winter/spring......would definitely recommend it!!!
Mike did ribs in this one and Scottie did all four with complete recipes. Recipes I wasn't worried about as much as techniques. That class alone has paid for itself!

Old 06-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I wonder if these two gents will ever show some love for the northeast and do a class out here..........
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Wyoming BBQ, wyoming bbq class