• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Show your BBQ Area

Updated version of my hangout. Kettles are in the garage.

003_zps8de56c13.jpg

Can't remember if I've updated mine so here it is.

Old:
DSCN0781-1-1.jpg

New is much more protected from wind and rain. Its tucked into a corner surrounded by fence, shed & my house. I also have 2 of the mobile wood winerack/tables but only one pictured. If I need to I can also put out my adjustable height plastic table. The one above is flimsy in comparison.

2012-06-29_16-00-14_363.jpg

2012-06-29_16-01-55_769.jpg

I now have a sand table for the kids in the old location.

I love this thread so wanted to bump it. I can acess my new spot right out my garage side door which is nice.

Nice

But watch out for the backer boards wicking up moisture.

I put air vents on the sides to get some air circulation going. In just short of 4 years I haven't had any problems with it. I usually do check to make sure.

As requested by OIFMARINE here are the pics of my build of the outdoor kitchen. I don't have too many detailed pics since we had the "STATION FIRE" back in '09 in the L.A. foothills which almost burned the whole neighborhood down.

Here it goes:

This is right after I had the frame put in :shock:
IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

This is what it looked like for about three weeks straight (no kidding)

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg

Yes! This farking close

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

Anyway back to the build. I know how much everyone loves pics so I got carried away.

Back to business

I put the boards on

Also, I elevated the frame to allow water to run underneath the whole fixture since my property is on a slope and I can't have standing water around it. I also have the option to detach the whole kitchen from the ground if I have to since I elevated it and its bolted down. I can take it anywhere with me :icon_smile_tongue: with the help of a crane and a semi. Only if I have to:wink:

jZln1CP.jpg

0MU1SVb.jpg

Me good buddies gave me some insight, equipment and some help and I went from there. I got some of the best friends in the world.

csFgwzK.jpg

I put some lights inside the island as well for illumination at night hence all the wiring. Sorry didn't snap pics.

PIAvbSR.jpg

In goes the sound system. Amps, subs and all with marine speakers for all weather music:mrgreen: . My bro is the expert for that.

DWNflK8.jpg

S8VH58Z.jpg

oTih3W1.jpg

It's slowly coming together.

3IW5KA0.jpg

Testing to make sure all is perfect as far as sounds go.

zj36khw.jpg

Time to hang the doors and slap on the facia.

hIl4S0Y.jpg

LjLHgdx.jpg

CseCQGS.jpg

1erucet.jpg

This is pretty much all the pics of the build because I had to get to work and finish my project instead of taking pics. :mrgreen:

And of course the finished product after the mess and the fires and all.
20120822_185511.jpg

20120822_185445.jpg

Time for a cold one and well deserved.

2010-10-09_18-13-46_771.jpg

90% of the work completed by me/my bro but a huge help/advise from my friends, lending me equipment including their trucks to haul tons of supplies etc. etc. I couldnt have done it w/out them and you just don't wake up and have friends like that overnight. Don't want to repeat myself but I'm truly blessed to have them and this was truly a collaboration.

ssv3
Very nice build.
Is that a refrigerator at the end or a dishwasher?
jon

Thanks Jon

It's a refrigerator/kegerator. I pull it out when I bring kegs for parties. I didn't want to have it stationary because the weather will screw up the tap/faucet gaskets.

Back