MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
Balls Casten
is One Chatty Farker

Not what you are looking for but just an FYI ... my wife stays at the Marriott which is only 1.5 miles away. Cabs are easy to get going both ways and at any time of night. And not a bad rate for KC area of $90 some per night.

Or I could bring our extra cots if you wanted to go the U-haul route.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Heads up, NASCAR is in town that weekend! Not sure about the Chiefs, or any college football that weekend. Last year that made rooms a little harder to come by. If anyone hasn't booked a room yet, I'd start looking into it.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #18
Spydermike72
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Casten View Post
Not what you are looking for but just an FYI ... my wife stays at the Marriott which is only 1.5 miles away. Cabs are easy to get going both ways and at any time of night. And not a bad rate for KC area of $90 some per night.

Or I could bring our extra cots if you wanted to go the U-haul route.
We have 4 guys on our team. A single hotel room is probably not the best idea (especially if you know those guys). But we will consider it and look into it.

Thanks for the idea!!
Backwoods Competitor
Backwoods Party
Weber Performer
Certified Moink Baller
Past President of the Great Lakes BBQ Association

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know
Spydermike72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #19
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydermike72 View Post
We have 4 guys on our team. A single hotel room is probably not the best idea (especially if you know those guys). But we will consider it and look into it.

Thanks for the idea!!
I have seen a few of those guys ...Scary sons a beetches
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Heads up, NASCAR is in town that weekend! Not sure about the Chiefs, or any college football that weekend. Last year that made rooms a little harder to come by. If anyone hasn't booked a room yet, I'd start looking into it.
Chiefs are on an official bye week that weekend. Not a team induced bye week.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #21
Fat Woody
is one Smokin' Farker

Best o' luck to all the Brethren teams competing in 2010! I'll be at the Speedway for NASCAR (stupid work!) but my heart will be at Kemper. Anyone know if the Royal keeps the same date for 2011? NASCAR date will be 10/7-10/9 in 2011.
Owner/Operator of: Superior "Stealth" SS2, Brinkmann "Lefty" Bandera clone (retired), Comalco Black Dog grill, and various Weber kettles.
World's fastest [B]Belgian/Cuban Racing Yellow[/B] thermapen.
Fat Woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #22
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Woody View Post
Best o' luck to all the Brethren teams competing in 2010! I'll be at the Speedway for NASCAR (stupid work!) but my heart will be at Kemper. Anyone know if the Royal keeps the same date for 2011? NASCAR date will be 10/7-10/9 in 2011.

I believe the Royal is the 1st weekend in October, year in and year out.
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
Balls Casten
is One Chatty Farker

Motorhome rentals in KC ... $160 a day.
Kansas link http://privatemotorhomerental.com/search.php?a=s&st=23

Or the national link ... http://privatemotorhomerental.com/

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #24
Salt Creek Bar-B-Que
Found some matches.

I'm new to the royal and the site, been here a few times but rarely posted. I got put in space 488, as I didn't know where anything was. Looks like I am at least a 10 min. walk away not counting for people, anyway to predict the public in my area? Is it nessecary to "rope" off my area? I am on a corner, so how much of a pain are "they" confining me to my spot? I only have a 25x20 as I didn't want to spend the money for my first go around.
Also I am only doing the open, so will I have a problem showing up Friday morning? I could possibly get there thursday night, but don't want to back the trailer at night in a new place. Any thoughts or help would be great!!
Salt Creek Bar-B-Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Creek Bar-B-Que View Post
I'm new to the royal and the site, been here a few times but rarely posted. I got put in space 488, as I didn't know where anything was. Looks like I am at least a 10 min. walk away not counting for people, anyway to predict the public in my area? Is it nessecary to "rope" off my area? I am on a corner, so how much of a pain are "they" confining me to my spot? I only have a 25x20 as I didn't want to spend the money for my first go around.
Also I am only doing the open, so will I have a problem showing up Friday morning? I could possibly get there thursday night, but don't want to back the trailer at night in a new place. Any thoughts or help would be great!!
Team name is Salt Creek Bar-B-Que?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #26
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=Salt Creek Bar-B-Que;1380488]I'm new to the royal and the site, been here a few times but rarely posted. I got put in space 488, as I didn't know where anything was. Looks like I am at least a 10 min. walk away not counting for people, anyway to predict the public in my area? Is it nessecary to "rope" off my area? I am on a corner, so how much of a pain are "they" confining me to my spot? I only have a 25x20 as I didn't want to spend the money for my first go around.
Also I am only doing the open, so will I have a problem showing up Friday morning? I could possibly get there thursday night, but don't want to back the trailer at night in a new place. Any thoughts or help would be great!![/QUOTE

Should move this to the AR questions thread. Depending on how big your trailer is you might want to be there Thursday. Most people with big trailers drop off Wed. night or come in early on Thursday. Being you are on a corner in might not be as big of a deal for you. We were in 415 last year and it was about a 3.5 min. walk, it won't be 10 min. If you are on a corner I would suggest roping off the two exposed sides of your spot. Hope this helps. Be sure to read through the AR question thread.
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #27
Bigmista

Bentley is head cook for Pelletheads. Bentley what your space number?

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Sure! My wife is an attorney so why wait? Do a pre-emptive strike.. If she starts NOW, she can have your divorce completed the week before the Royal.

Advice: Transfer ownership of the Jambo to me asap so theres no chance it gets hung up in the settlement.
Oooooman Phil
We are neighbors back to back.. This might me a dangerous situation…
Who u gonna have in the Kitchen?? I’ll be bringing a few Crackers with me from Florida and I should be picking-up a Spicebag along the way....
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Jorge,

You'll find Jonny Rotisserie and the Auspiteers right in the thick of things at #623. KnucklHed BBQ and possibly some other legends will be part of the team. We're in the open.

Stop by and say hello when you get a chance!

---Jonny Rotisserie

Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Balls Casten
is One Chatty Farker

... pdf map (3mb) with team locations.
http://smokerspurgatory.com/brethren/map.pdf

Thanks from: --->