• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Official MOINK Ball Certification Resurrection Thread

Make a chocolate sauce for those balls and you can call them ( chocolate salty balls )

LOL'S

Phil, Oh man...you seasoned the INSIDE of the bacon...totally a violation.

Throw them in the trash...or box them up and send them to me. Your choice. :wink:

You have nice balls. And I mean that in a purely platonic way.

I'm thrilled to hear that certification has been revived. I reviewed the rules and wanted to get clarification on something. Is preparation pron required? My MOINK Balls were prepared with Harris Teeter meatballs, whatever bacon was on sale, and Dizzy Pig CowLick Steak Rub. I had two glazes, a memphis red barbecue sauce that I had prepared for a previous spares cook and a jar of trader Joe's Peach Salsa (one word-WOW).

I submit photos of my MOINKs. They were done the end of February and were attached to my "I Like Big Butts" post on or around 27 February. Thanks for reviewing this application.

On second thought, my photos are a bit out of focus and I don't mind and I don't mind going through the process again. After all. the CPA exam took me three attempts.

IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8976.JPG

Your balls are pretty fuzzy. Might make for a weird mouth feel. Hard to predict what the MOINK committee will say. Maybe they like them fuzzy.

One question I didn't want to answer when my application was under deliberation was: YES, did the Vegemite make the MOINK balls taste better than those without Vegemite.

Yes they were better, but only by a bit, because I really didn't want to overdo it. I paid strict attention to trying to keep the mince and seasoning as simple and plebian as possible. Vegemite is a yeast extract. Its origan was as a by product of beer fermentation Vegemite itself has a very intense flavour and this can be extremely offputting to people not familiar with it... who may treat it like any other spread and slap it on thick like honey or peanut spead and then get a big surprise.

Basically, you just start with a little bit and see how you like it. As an additive to foods, you'll see yeast extracts in all sorts of things and they are mainly flavour enhancers. So, like when you whack some Worcestershire Saue, or Balsamic Vinegar into a hearty stew for that flavour boost, you can also do the same with a bit of vegemite... Now, I would not necesarily recommend whisking a pound of the stuff into the next beef bourginourne you make...(sic)... I DO recommend adding it to abasic meat pie mix or home-made burgers for that little bit of a zing... A tablespoon a pound would probably do the trick...

Give it a whirl!

Cheers!

Bill

Helicopters en-route to Australia with orders to shoot to kill.

Errr... so you're not keen on Vegemite??? Just remember the depleted uranium projectiles in those helicopters on the way here, came out of the Australian ground and we are your GREATEST HISTORICAL ALLY.

Oh sh!t... I'd better RUN! :shock:

Actually, it had nothing to do with vegemite...I just want more of that uranium and you're in the way. It's like getting oil from the Iraqi's. Just the way we are ya know.

I just checked. The vegemite factory is STILL on the nuclear strike list, ally or no...I'll give you a ring Bill when the missles are LOS! And you were exactly right. I tried vegemite as a spread to see what it was and tossed the whole jar afterwords in typical unknowing American fashion.

Strike called off on account of catching myself whistling "Who Can it Be Now", the ultimate foil hat anthem. Australia is spared due to catchy music. Maybe I'll give this vegemite a whirl. Where the hell would I find it?

Send more uranium.

Yes, I know. Kind of disappointed that these were a tad out of focus. On my butt cook, my final picture of the shoulder before pulling was also out of focus. Need to work on those close-ups or play with my macro settings. Well, as I said earlier, I've got no problem w/ attempting it again. Just wanted to reserve a spot and perhaps get a bye.

Your balls are pretty fuzzy. Might make for a weird mouth feel. Hard to predict what the MOINK committee will say. Maybe they like them fuzzy.

Errr... so you're not keen on Vegemite??? Just remember the depleted uranium projectiles in those helicopters on the way here, came out of the Australian ground and we are your GREATEST HISTORICAL ALLY.

Oh sh!t... I'd better RUN! :shock:

Who makes a good vegemite? The only one I have ever seen is made by Kraft and if its anything like their bbq sauce....I'll pass. I also want to give marmite a try. What are some good brands?

Just checked the OP and saw that you used Kraft Vegemite. I'll give it a try.

Well here it goes....My first attempt at MOINK balls. Dang tasty too:thumb:. Groung chuck 2lbs, 1 lb thick cut bacon,5 eggs, 3 cups bread crumbs, 1 Tbs salt, 1 Tbs black pepper, 1 Tbs ea. onion and garlic powder, 1 tsp white pepper, Texas BBQ rub, Texas pepper jelly and Texas Own BBQ sauce for the glaze, and olive oil for frying the balls. The last pic sucks as the light was very bad. Sorry bout that.

All ready to go!

All Mixed

Frying em up

All ready to wrap

Ready for rub

Rubbed

B&B Lump and Post oak fire

On the pit

1/2 and 1/2 TPJ Texas Tropical and Texas Own BBQ sauce sweet

All cooked and glazed

Off the pit after the glaze set.

Thanks guys, that last picture makes them look black but they were just a beauiful mahogany color. Oh well.:doh:

Back