A sad day for me

Bob E Que

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It is with great regret I announce that I over cooked my brisket.
First brisket on my UDS, I had it smoking along at at 280 grill temp. When it was budda to the probe test, I found my... bark was charred.:cry:
I cannot even post any pictures of the...catastrophe.

I have one pic of surviving meat. Which was quite delicious but with few left overs. It was so tender it crumbled.

IMG_0907a.jpg

lower and slower.

We are our own worst critics...
sad yes but at least partially edible!

Well, Bob, that is some good looking brisket, I wouldn't worry too much about the bark, if the end product was tasty. There is always something to learn.

how did you get it to crumble like that?
that looks awesome.

Bob
Heck it looks good for me. I just did a couple of butts on my new WSM. I had to get used to it. I was not 100% happy but it tasted great. The bottom line is look at what is left and then you know it was gooooood

Welcome Bob E. Que. Since your new I'm going to give you a little tip on how to handle this type of situation....

How to properly present brisket errors....

In an effort to prepare for the Winter months here in Canada I decided to cook a brisket that I can use for Brisket Chili. I cooked the brisket to the perfect chili consistency...you can see that it's turning into nice little flakes. Perfect for blending into chili.

You can see how it's just falling about and with the smoke ring and bark it's going to be awesome chili. Can't wait for the weather to get cooler.

I'll post pron of the chili when it's done.

IMG_0907a.jpg

Hope you enjoy my pron as well as I do.

Welcome Bob E. Que. Since your new I'm going to give you a little tip on how to handle this type of situation....

How to properly present brisket errors....

In an effort to prepare for the Winter months here in Canada I decided to cook a brisket that I can use for Brisket Chili. I cooked the brisket to the perfect chili consistency...you can see that it's turning into nice little flakes. Perfect for blending into chili.

You can see how it's just falling about and with the smoke ring and bark it's going to be awesome chili. Can't wait for the weather to get cooler.

I'll post pron of the chili when it's done.

Hope you enjoy my pron as well as I do.

That was quite good!

Next time I screw something up can I PM you for the proper wording of my thread?

Ive charred many a brisket, turned out great on the inside.

I also vote for chili from any "messed up" brisket... Also consider that some cook to the desired color and then wrap til it hits temp.

I like the idea of the chili, If there was any left.
It was taken and eaten as I cut it.
Smoking meats sure has cut down on dishes.
Saturday morning I am back on the drum with another brisket, and MOINK balls, maybe a loin Sunday.

Back