Smoked Chipotle Hot Salsa

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Professor Dickweed
I picked up a jar of Smoked Chipotle, Hot Salsa from Trader Joes.

Tried it tonight.

Reason I picked it up, only 40mg of sodium per serving, which is quite good for a condiment. I always try to got with the low/no sodium option and give it a try.

Anywho,

This salsa is really not bad. I get no sodium tortilla chips, and this stuff is great on them.

The smokyness is nice and pronounced.

The "hot" in the title is more like "warm" or "slight after zing"

3 shots of El Yucateco and this Hot and Smokey is truly Hot AND Smokey.

Give it a try

Samichlaus said:
Have you tried the El Yucateco Chipotle?

I regularly use El Yuca red and green (green is hotter) and I have El Y Carribean to try.

How is the Chipotle?

Can you get the Green? If not, I have a source in the mexican neighborhoods of Chi Town

I love the green too. The red is not my favorite. The XXXXrtra hot is one lacerative mutha.

Probably my favorite brand of sauces all things considered.

I also eat lot's of this. Great on pizza, eggs, sandwiches, asian food...almost anything but Mexican food.

sriracha.jpg

Samichlaus said:
I love the green too. The red is not my favorite. The XXXXrtra hot is one lacerative mutha.

Probably my favorite brand of sauces all things considered.

I also eat lot's of this. Great on pizza, eggs, sandwiches, asian food...almost anything but Mexican food.

sriracha.jpg

Thats funny.

A friend just gave me the taller of the two bottles of this. Thats like 3 years supply at our house.

Would you say the garlic taste is strong, or is it more heat than garlic (or a balance of both)?

Pretty damn garlicly.

Your burps will be legendary.

Try my patented Belch and Blow™ technique. This involves a quieter, closed mouth belch, followed by the casual blow in the direction of an unsuspecting victim, much like exhaling cigar smoke, with a tight lipped "o" shape of the mouth. This works best after consuming large quantities of salami, onions, garlic etc

Bill: Try making your own hot sauce some time and eliminate sodium. Its really very easy. Smoke dry whatever peppers you like then emulsify in a blender with cider vinegar or lime juice and whatever else you think would be good (onion, garlic or whatever). I brought a bunch to Greg's bash. It was habanero mainly with a little tomato, onion and garlic.

peppers

and by the way mark it was most excellent. i am currently dying some ricoto and aji pepper seeds for youand will be sending shortly. soory for the delay. peru hasnt been the greatest place to travel to recently.

Re: peppers

brucesieg said:
and by the way mark it was most excellent. i am currently dying some ricoto and aji pepper seeds for youand will be sending shortly. soory for the delay. peru hasnt been the greatest place to travel to recently.

Thanks Bruce. Send them and I'll grow next year. I bought some red and orange rocoto seeds off ebay and some of my plants are already about 8" high. They'll be going outside and planted later this month.

For the rest of you, rocoto's look like baby bells but extremely hot; with a heat that has a certain 'eveready bunny" quality. Should be interesting.

BigBelly said:
Flaming a-hole mod type of pepper?
Suprisingly not so unless you apply it topically to shrink swollen hemmorids.

Are you kidding? People find therapeutic properties in rubbing peppers on hemorrhoids? That's insane dude!

BigBelly said:
Are you kidding? People find therapeutic properties in rubbing peppers on hemorrhoids? That's insane dude!

I was eating this salsa again last night, but using Jalepeno kettle cooked potato chips.

Had to shove a popsicle up my ass this morning to put the fire out.

Farking splinters.

BigBelly said:

It's not as insane as it appears. Remember that stuff called Heet? I'ts a pain releiving liniment whose active ingredients include Capsicum.
http://www.drugstore.com/

BTW: bigbelly, yes, I'm BSing you in part. If you rubbed habanero powder on your hemmoriods, they would be cauterized. (and yes, I'm still BSing you). ;-)

What's not BS is the ease and superiority of making your own chipotle hot sauce.

Do you realize that the term "smoked chipotle" is really redundant?

Smoked jalapeno would be more accurate - since chipotle is by definition "smoked" jalapeno peppers.

:D

willkat98 said:
BigBelly said:

I was eating this salsa again last night, but using Jalepeno kettle cooked potato chips.

Had to shove a popsicle up my ass this morning to put the fire out.

Farking splinters.

So Bill; you really do have a stick up your ass?

Or should I say??

Bill has a stick up his ass; pass it on.

Just joking; I couldn't resist.

LOL - thanks Mark! I was getting a wee bit nervous.

I guess rubbing some chipotle powder on one's arse would give a whole new meaning to the phrase "that really chaps my ass." =)

I imagine the pain sensation would be similar to snorting a line of habanero dust.

Back