Cooking for the Company Holiday Lunch

teamwhidbey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was proud to be asked again to cook "prime rib" for the annual company lunch. They wanted the roast again this year. 130 people. My co-worker is going turkeys and quite a few people are bringing in side dishes...so here we go:
unrapped.jpg

122 lbs of Ranchers Reserve from Safeway ($7.99 lb) I took advice by other brethren and let them come up to room temp for about 3 hours.

spiced.jpg

Here they are seasoned with Kosher Salt, fresh cracked black pepper, diced garlic, a pinch of onion powder and Treager beef rub all mixed with olive oil.

insmoke.jpg

In the FEC-100 at 0430 this a.m. 36 degrees out. Have the temp set at 250 degrees. We'll see how it goes, if I have the FEC overloaded, I can put two in the Treager. Will update when something worth posting happens. :wink:

Holy fark, that's a lot of meat there! Looks delicious!

Good luck with the cook and keep us updated!!

Looks good, noticed you are from Oak Harbor. Spent some of my navy days there from 1980 - 1985 and 1988-1991. Loved it up there.

Looks good, noticed you are from Oak Harbor. Spent some of my navy days there from 1980 - 1985 and 1988-1991. Loved it up there.

Did 20 of my 26 years here. Been here since 1984. VAQ-133, AIMD, 132, 129. AIMD and SAR.

A when Harry Met Sally moment :becky:

Got an hour or so of sleep..went to check temps :shock:
136%20temp.jpg

The two closest to the heat source were done...removed, wrapped in foil and put in the cooler for holding

2done.jpg

Beautiful hunks of beef! Bet the aroma is out of this world. :-D

All done with the cooking. I have em wrapped up and ready to go. I hope to take money shots in a few hours.
wrapped.jpg

Back