• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you like your steaks cooked?

How do you like your steaks cooked?

• Total voters
Rare. If it gets to med. rare, I'm okay with it, but I definitely want to see red or pink.

Medium, but unfortunately most people prepare medium improperly and end up with medium well. Medium should be pink throughout. You normally have to ask for medium rare to get that, but unfortunately medium rare also often results in bloody.

Attachments

• sca_steak_doneness_chart.jpg
    sca_steak_doneness_chart.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 161
I'm a mid-rare guy, but if I order at a restaurant, I almost always order it rare. 95% of the time it comes out medium rare, which is the way I like them. Fortunately I also like them rare, so on the off chance they actually come out the way I ordered them, I'm still Ok with that.

Rare (filet) to medium rare (most other steaks) depending on the steak.

Med rare, but I have some tolerance either side of that, depending on the type of steak. Filet cooked medium sux arse, but ribeye medium can be just fine--plenty of marbling to make up for the miss.

Medium, but unfortunately most people prepare medium improperly and end up with medium well. Medium should be pink throughout. You normally have to ask for medium rare to get that, but unfortunately medium rare also often results in bloody.

So what do the numbers to the left of the pics mean? Are those presentation scores?

I prefer medium rare or less, but I will accept medium.

At my Dads, I am hoping for not burnt on the outside. As for the inside, I grab the A-1

Last edited:
I'm a mid-rare guy, but if I order at a restaurant, I almost always order it rare. 95% of the time it comes out medium rare, which is the way I like them. Fortunately I also like them rare, so on the off chance they actually come out the way I ordered them, I'm still Ok with that.

Myself.

Back